Has anyone got a suction mount for the Mini2?

ToyotaSupra

Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
Dash Cam
A119mini2
Im looking for no GPS mount, but Viofo doesnt offer it. I have 3 cars, I want to be able to move around the cam with just a suction cup. Im thinking about a 3D printed one.

gps-2.jpg

GPS or NO GPS in the footage, if someone want to use your footage against you ( if that is actually legal ) they will just use the video footage itself even if the cheap GPS in a dashcam are fairly accurate, then it is not a calibrated measuring devise, so i think no court will accept that as evidence.
But your video, well using that you can time how long it take for you to drive the distance from say "this" sign and to "that " tree, then go measure the distance in between the 2 and the time it took is in your video.
And you gat a very accurate math bases speed, which a court will accept.

Regarding the suction cup mount, many have used the universal mounts you can get for many things, like radar detectors ASO.

iu

61sN4zmNrmL._SL1000___94767.jpg

The problems with suction cups, at least in Denmark, you have to mount it fairly low, and then it will be in a place on the windscreen where it is illegal to install things.

I dont really care about GPS, I can live without it. I like that suction cup a lot, I may test it out before I go to the trouble of having a 3D printed GPS module copy.

No GPS are a bit hit or miss, the speed you can always figure out from video if needed.
I do personally prefer to have time / date & speed embedded in my videos. but if the option are not there, well i would not loose sleep over it.

This is my DIY solution... combining a suction cup mount and a magentic mount
DIY_mount.jpg

What prompted you to take such an action?
The larger the mounting arm, the more vibration will be transmitted to the DVR and the picture will be blurred.
Yep. Fully aware of the potential viration. I just happen to have the magnetic mount sitting around. Costed me only $20 to try the suction cup. I just like the easy removal convenience. I might switch to 3M Dual-Lock tap approach with a shorter mount if the vibration proved to be too much. Appreciate the tip though!

Reactions: gse
Back