HDR ON or AUTO

Stiv

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Hello. I would like to ask which one to choose.

I would like the best image quality and readability.

well thank you :)

Welcome to the forum Stiv ( your chosen forum nickname in Danish its one of the words for being drunk, it also mean stiff in Danish )
I dont have any personal experience with this viofo model, it do sound as if the HDR which i always thought was the next big thing in dashcams, well not as good as i hoped for.

You should experiment yourself and see what is best for you, you can do this in one day or over several days, so turn on HDR, drive around the block, then turn off HDR and drive the same trip around the block, this will give you 2 videos to compare captured at the same light level.

HDR set on auto is a new feature and I've seen people complaining that it doesn't work and camera stops recording. You can try it and let us know, but I believe it is best to either set it completely ON or OFF before they release a new firmware with the fix. For me personally, I think HDR in the night time is a must have. During the bright day, the best image quality seems to be with HDR OFF, but I'm still trying to experiment with the settings.

Hi. Thank you for the information.

HDR at night is very useful, but I'll leave it ON for now until it's tested and the new firmware comes out.

I intend to use Auto, when it works. Until then I also recommend leaving HDR turned ON.

Back