Heat from interior camera - I found it interesting

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
I found it interesting how the heat stopped the glass of my car misting in a small area around it:

20241022_212117278 - Copy.JPG

Strange how it is a circle, when the shape of the camera is not a circle.

Strange how it is a circle, when the shape of the camera is not a circle.
I guess most of the heat is transferred through the mount, which is almost a circle, then it spreads out in a circle from there, and it is extended in the direction of the body by a little IR radiation off the body. Looks like the sensor runs pretty cool!

I guess most of the heat is transferred through the mount, which is almost a circle, then it spreads out in a circle from there, and it is extended in the direction of the body by a little IR radiation off the body. Looks like the sensor runs pretty cool!
That makes sense!

I just noticed yesterday, the top 2-3 lines of my rear window defroster do not work any more, that is unfortunate CUZ my rear cameras sit above the top heater line.

Now i am thinking pipe floor heating ( rear seat ) to the back to blow on the glass.
No way will i get a new glass.

Also why the hell just the top lines, apparently i never understood how a rear defroster work, CUZ none of these lines are broken / cut

That sucks @kamkar any lines broken destroy the whole window heater. I had a Ford with the front glass with heating elements inside, and a window chip broke the whole heating system. It was really cool system that removed ice in 30 seconds.

I wonder if a thermal camera would help you check the problem?

The same thing happen also on the front camera.

Back