Hello from Scotland.

JockoT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119 V3 Nextbase NBDVR512G
Directed to this forum by a colleague on another forum I frequent. Just bought a Viofo A119V3 on his recommendation, to replace my old Nextbase 512G. I am now using it as a security camera, overwatch on my drive.

Welcome, good choice of dashcam :)

Welcome to the forum Jocko

Directed to this forum by a colleague on another forum I frequent. Just bought a Viofo A119V3 on his recommendation, to replace my old Nextbase 512G. I am now using it as a security camera, overwatch on my drive.

Welcome aboard. You'll learn a lot from people here and don't hesitate to inquire if you need help.

+1. Edinburgh, Scotland is a cool city. Can't beat the view from on top the castle!

3.JPG

2.JPG

1.JPG

Last edited:
Up until a few weeks ago, I resided on the far shore of the firth from Edinburgh (as seen in the photographs) but I have now moved to a small village on the southern edge of the city.

Hi there and welcome. I’ve just come back from a tour of Scotland, so visited Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling and Gretna Green.

Although I worked in Edinburgh and also lived there for a while some 27 years ago I never really visited anywhere beyond Glasgow, I have to say the Lochs and Ben Nevis were awe inspiring, such a beautiful place. Also visited the Ben Nevis whiskey distillery, wouldn’t be a tour of Scotland without a dram or two [emoji1634]

Hi there and welcome. I’ve just come back from a tour of Scotland, so visited Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee, Edinburgh, Stirling and Gretna Green.

Although I worked in Edinburgh and also lived there for a while some 27 years ago I never really visited anywhere beyond Glasgow, I have to say the Lochs and Ben Nevis were awe inspiring, such a beautiful place. Also visited the Ben Nevis whiskey distillery, wouldn’t be a tour of Scotland without a dram or two [emoji1634]

You got a grand tour of the country! I took a train from Manchester up through the lake district to Edinburgh. So that was my only stop when I visited Scotland.

Up until a few weeks ago, I resided on the far shore of the firth from Edinburgh (as seen in the photographs) but I have now moved to a small village on the southern edge of the city.

Time to save the photo for posterity sake! You can put a little arrow on it and say I use to live here!

The view from the castle and the surrounding city was magnificent. Only downside, the skies were grey and it rained on me a lot. Pitfalls of the UK!

Scotland has just had its 4th warmest summer on record. Mind you, that might just mean it didn't snow!

Scotland has just had its 4th warmest summer on record. Mind you, that might just mean it didn't snow!

Warm in the UK is Grey Skies, Rain, more Grey Skies, and more rain. Although, didn't know it snowed in Scotland. Would that be in the Highlands and higher elevations only?

When I toured the Scottish Highlands last week we had glorious weather with temps at around 18-19 and the sun shining. Got to Aberdeen and the temps dropped and the clouds came out en-mass with temps dropping down to 12-14.

Couple of pics

3deb7721bf547e8a5de93c675bae899b.jpg

f5114c9d6c43cbb1e73a7c06bc163b3f.jpg

384d1ff153b5e8d9d9488288516f646a.jpg

Some great photographs. Believe it or not but I have never visited any of those places! Seen the kelpies from the M9.

Snows all over Scotland and the rest of the UK. This was one drive home earlier in the year.View attachment 58040

Heard snow in England very rare though? London I don't think snow often. And visited someone in Manchester and was told snow pretty rare there, too. Rain is ample supply.

Though being an island in the English Channels sheltered most the UK from snow. But learn something new every day.

Heard snow in England very rare though? London I don't think snow often. And visited someone in Manchester and was told snow pretty rare there, too. Rain is ample supply.

Though being an island in the English Channels sheltered most the UK from snow. But learn something new every day.
Snow rarely stays on the ground other than in the uplands, normally it melts as fast as it falls, but most places in England do get falling snow a few times a year and even the south coast can have a few inches of snow on the ground for a few days.

Back