Hello, my name Chuck.

Panzer Platform

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
2024 Minimum Requirements: STARVIS 2 & HDR
Hello nice to meet everyone, my name is Chuck McCoy.
After lurking the halls of Dash Cam Talk since 2018, I finally decided to register, and it’s all DrekiTech’s fault. lol

I bought my first dash cam in 2019 (Viofo A129 Pro Duo). Ever since then I’ve fallen in love with dash cams. After buying, using, and testing various dash cams for the past 3 years, I still consider myself a basic amateur.

I have a small Automotive YouTube Channel I started in 2019 as a hobby, (not monetized, not an Amazon Associate). It’s mostly about preventative maintenance, but occasionally I love to review dash cams, and upload dash cam test footage “edited” into short videos.

I have two cars with dash cams. One has my “permanent set up’ with a 4-channel system built with two Viofo A129 Plus Duo units I’ve been running since October 2020, and it’s been 100% reliable, (so happy with that camera system). I’ll leave a link showing the set up at the bottom.

My other car has a hodge podge of dash cams that is always changing. I’ll leave a link to a recent test drive at the bottom.

I would like to thank a few gentlemen who I consider industry subject matter experts that really got me interested in dash cams. Andrew Lam (Car Cam Central), Joseph (BlackboxMyCar), Ari (Vortex Radar), MTZ (HD2You), Paul (Paul’s Dashcam), RetroCarGuy530, and DrekiTech.

In a few days I’m scheduled to receive a Viofo A119 Mini for test & review, and maybe even a Viofo A229 Duo if I don’t screw up too bad. lol

Thanks for having me, and I’m looking forward to learning from everyone here.
-Chuck

4-Channel Set Up;

Test drive video;

Welcome! Nice setup!

The front and back camera lens are aimed to high. This produce dark videos and bad exposure.
You need 50% sky and 50% earth/road.
55% earth/road and 45% sky is still good, but that's it.
Never more sky than earth/road.

Welcome! Nice setup!

The front and back camera lens are aimed to high. This produce dark videos and bad exposure.
You need 50% sky and 50% earth/road.
55% earth/road and 45% sky is still good, but that's it.
Never more sky than earth/road.
Thanks for the warm welcome, and the good feedback.
-Chuck

About time too Chuck ;)

Paul.

Welcome aboard! It’s fun chatting with other dashcam enthusiasts / YouTubers, especially when you also go nuts with installing a bunch of dashcams in your car, lol.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
-Chuck

Welcome to the forum Chuck.

Hi Chuck,

I recognize those freeway signs in your video (Dixon, CA). I graduated high school in Benicia, lived in Fairfield for a while and various other Bay Area and Sacramento locations. I now live up by Placerville.

Welcome to the DashCamTalk site.

-- Robert

Hi Chuck,

I recognize those freeway signs in your video (Dixon, CA). I graduated high school in Benicia, lived in Fairfield for a while and various other Bay Area and Sacramento locations. I now live up by Placerville.

Welcome to the DashCamTalk site.

-- Robert
Right on Robert,
Nice to meet you.
Yeah, I recognized your road signs too. lol
Thanks for having me.

I'm about to post my first official forum post.
It's about CPL Filters - Pros & Cons.
I'd love to get your thoughts.
-Chuck

Well look what the cat dragged in. lol
I never know who this is when you reply to my youtube comments.
Broseph?
Steven?
Katrina?
Alex?
Chuen?
I'm dying of curiosity everytime. lol
-Chuck

Back