Help for a newbie please - having problems with Mobius

Ina - Bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have read the whole of the forum before posting to see if anyone else has had the same issue. I am hoping that someone may be able to help me as I have been trying to set up the Mobius Action Cam for my husband to use on his motorbike. He has had a 12v 1.5A power source installed on his bike, he is using the cable that came with his camera. It has been set up to continually record and power on auto. When the ignition is switched on the camera works fine for about an hour then the back LED changes from a constant pulse to two quick flashed a pause and quick flashes and pause and so on. It stops recording at this point. If the camera is unplugged from the USB power it starts recording again for five minutes and then the same thing happens. We have 2 cameras and the same thing is happening with both. They both have a 16gb 4 micro SD. I am sorry but I am not very technical so I am hoping that someone can help. Thanks in advance

What kind of cards are you using? Where did you buy them?

When you say the USB the camera came with, do you mean the short cable or one you purchased?

Mobius requires 1A 5v. I'm sure that a 12v to 5v converter has been used, otherwise it's unlikely that either Mobius would still be working at all.

Were both MicroSD cards bought at the same time from the same supplier? If so, it would be worth checking their integrity with h2testw.exe

Have you viewed the recorded files on a PC? Is there a series of 3 or 5 minute duration video clips? Do they all look ok?

Thanks for your reply, it was the cable that came with the camera bought from eletoponline. The cards were bought from an electrical retailers - Maplins and it just says it is a Micro SD HC 4 16 gb.

Thanks sorry for sounding really dim but how do I check the integrity with h2testw.exe, I really am not very techy! When it does record the video clips all look fine, fantastic picture quality and the duration of them are longer than 5 minutes I think they must be 15-20 min clips

Thanks sorry for sounding really dim but how do I check the integrity with h2testw.exe, I really am not very techy! When it does record the video clips all look fine, fantastic picture quality and the duration of them are longer than 5 minutes I think they must be 15-20 min clips

Maplins are reputable, so forget h2testw.exe for the time being, as the cards are probably ok.

For continuous loop-recording that fills the card with 3 or 5 minute clips, & then overwrites the oldest clips, you have to enable loop-recording via the Windows GUI...

http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

Also download the User Guide... loads of useful information.

Thanks for your reply Russ, I have enabled the loop recording and the box is ticked so I am glad I got something right. The link to the user guide is good thank- you. I can't see anything on there about the rear light flashing quickly and the video not recording after an hour, is this something you have come across before?

I can't see anything on there about the rear light flashing quickly and the video not recording after an hour, is this something you have come across before?

I've seen something similar reported before, but cannot recall if it was exactly the same symptoms.

I suggest that you now plug Mobius into a USB wall plug charger or USB smartphone or tablet charger. It should automatically start loop–recording when switched on at the wall. The rear red LED should wink when recording.

Let it record until the card is full & has started overwriting the oldest files ... say 3 hours for a 16GB card (if video data rate set to High then card will be full after about 2 hours).

When power is switched off at the wall, recording should stop automatically after, say, 10 seconds, depending on the GUI setting. Then check the files. If all ok, you're set to put in back on the motorcycle.

Last edited:
Thank you I will try that russ331, I really appreciate your help

Back