Help I can not get Viofo FW 1.3 Bin File into the Camera

JB-007

Reaction score
Country
United States
I followed Viofo Directions like 4 times and still can not get the new firmware on to the camera.. can the Viofo Web site have a Bad Bin File?! Any one else have problems? Thanks

I tried 5 different cards none worked I tried Mac PC all Browsers etc. the BIN file will not go into the Camera it just starts recording when I plug it in following Viofo directions

tried again now it flashed slow and then sped up like it was installing then restarted and STILL has 1.2. it just will not take the 1.3 FW Version off the Viofo web site

tried again now it flashed slow and then sped up like it was installing then restarted and STILL has 1.2. it just will not take the 1.3 FW Version off the Viofo web site
how long ago have you donwloaded the .bin file?

I am doing it now just down loaded it

I started from Scratch and followed Viofo directions on the website EXACTLY and it goes thru the slow flashing then the fast flashing light- just fine BUT it still says I have FW Version 1.2. it will Not take the 1.3 FW Version. I just do not understand it can the Viofo Website be wrong and they published 1.2 thinking its 1.3 ? I did not have any problems going for 1.1 to 1.2.

Is there another Procedure you can tell me to try to get 1.3 into my camera please. Thanks

I started from Scratch and followed Viofo directions on the website EXACTLY and it goes thru the slow flashing then the fast flashing light- just fine BUT it still says I have FW Version 1.2. it will Not take the 1.3 FW Version. I just do not understand it can the Viofo Website be wrong and they published 1.2 thinking its 1.3 ? I did not have any problems going for 1.1 to 1.2.

Is there another Procedure you can tell me to try to get 1.3 into my camera please. Thanks
looks like the firmware file sizes of v.1.2 (I have it downloaded before) and v.1.3 (from the top and the bottom of the page) are the same, probably it's still v.1.2, not v.1.3.

I tried the top one and the bottom one with multiple cards. all same I don't think its version 1.3 FW I think Mr. Bill Zhou made a mistake and left 1.2 there thinking its 1.3. and I wasted over 2 hours here with three computers lined up PC Mac and Mac and tried the top file on the page and bottom file on the page and followed all the Viofo directions just like I did with the 1.1 to 1.2 had no problems then but this SO CALLED 1.3 does not work because I think I keep putting 1.2 back on it like I am up to 10 or 15 times already very frustrated I hope I didn't break my Camera and ruin the 5 SD cards that I used unbelievable

I hope I didn't break my Camera and ruin the 5 SD cards that I used unbelievable
most likely you didn't break anything.
let's wait until @viofo investigates what the problem with firmware version on their web page is.

I was wrong The top file is in fact 1.3. the bottom File is still 1.2 because I tried it again with Wifi on and it Finally installed the TOP FILE 1.3. someone should tell Viofo to take away the bottom file or Label it 1.2 as such and probably should give better instructions to install properly.... Thanks guys for helping me I am so glad I finally got it right. Have a good nite :-)

Thanks again guys, for your help all is OK now the top file on Viofo website is in fact the 1.3 FW, I do not think the bottom one is, have a great weekend

Back