Help me choose the right one, not price sensitive

TheBigCountry

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SGZC12SGSK
My philosophy is when you purchase something, you should do it right the first time. Therefore, I'm not that concerned about price.

It looks like most folks like the Street Guardian but I can't see any dual camera options.

Therefore - for someone who has never had a camera before and isn't totally concerned about price - can someone suggest a excellent camera?

Also - pros and cons of hardwiring?

I live in Utah, where in winter it can get down to 10 F, nothing too severe but wanted to note that.

Thanks!

Welcome to DCT TheBigCountry :) Street Guardian is an excellent camera. Service and support is the best that I have seen here, and anywhere for that matter. @Pier28 is who you would purchase from in the US and he simply provides the best service and support you will find. Good luck in your search!

If you would like a dual channel camera from Street Guardian you will have to wait a little, but rest assure the SG minions are hard at work cooking up 2 models to make sure the need of even the most demanding "dashcammer" is met.

BUT you will have to wait for some months, but if you plan for a nice long drive in "Big Country" this summer there should be a good chance you can be able to do that with a dual channel SG branded dashcam.

The weather in the most fine state of Utah will be no problem for a SG dashcam :)

And welcome to you "TBC"

It looks like most folks like the Street Guardian but I can't see any dual camera options.

we're working on them now (4 to 6 months away at a guess), the challenge with dual channel is that all models are full of compromises, there's really no great 2 channel option from any manufacturer at this time, we've been in no rush to have something 2 channel if it's full of compromises

I would do 2 single cams...front and back. SG or Lukas are my preferences...both are very reliable and have excellent video both day and night. When it comes to dash cams, reliability and quality of video are the most important factors in my opinion. Using 2 single cam systems, you get 1080p front and rear...if you have an issue with either camera....it's not a system wide issue involving both cameras. 2 single cams are just as easy to set up as a dual system. Things like lane departure warnings are cool...for the first 5 minutes...and then you tend to turn it off as it drives you crazy. If I were to buy another one today it would be an SG or a Lukas....probably an SG...cause I already have a Lukas and I want an SG for wife's car.

Only drawback with 2 cameras is you have to go 2 places to get hold of the memory cards, but if thats not a daily thing then its allright.
Myself i have 3 cards and 2 cameras to retrive if somthing major happen :D

Only drawback with 2 cameras is you have to go 2 places to get hold of the memory cards,

Just how big is your car KamKar1? :)

Myself i have 3 cards and 2 cameras to retrieve if something major happen :D

If something MAJOR happens...its likely the nice police officer will be retrieving it while we are rapidly assuming room temperature....if that's the case...its definitely a good time to have 2 separate cameras...a better chance of at least one surviving the event as they are not a dual system and recording to just one card.

Hehe i drive a motorized shoebox, and i have not degenerated that much lately ( though i do think its bad )

Its more the general issue of having to do that rather then retrive all your footage in 1 place, and not least the chance of launching one of those pesky micro SD cards into oblivion trying to retrive or install it.

I doubt any Danish cop or the firefighters that do the "can opening" have any knowlege of dashcams, so in case i am in a bad or terminal way i am sure my dashcams with footage will just go into the compactor at the scrap yard.

Incompetence and ignorance is the driving forces here.

Last edited:
My wife...might....remember the dash cams...depending on whose fault it was!

I dont have one of those, and no plans for changing that.
Barely have any family beside my 2 old parents, and my little sister and her kids.
Sure have a lot of other famely too, but i dont bother them and they dont bother me.

Ha ha i am a pretty sad mofo :oops: but i feel great :) and if you are the right kind of ppl you would love to have me on your side.

Something simple, ample performance for the front, reliable, for sensible money...
Today?
CF-100

I would do 2 single cams...front and back. SG or Lukas are my preferences...both are very reliable and have excellent video both day and night. When it comes to dash cams, reliability and quality of video are the most important factors in my opinion. Using 2 single cam systems, you get 1080p front and rear...if you have an issue with either camera....it's not a system wide issue involving both cameras. 2 single cams are just as easy to set up as a dual system. Things like lane departure warnings are cool...for the first 5 minutes...and then you tend to turn it off as it drives you crazy. If I were to buy another one today it would be an SG or a Lukas....probably an SG...cause I already have a Lukas and I want an SG for wife's car.

Interesting idea - hadn't thought of having two unique ones. Thanks for the tip!

If you would like a dual channel camera from Street Guardian you will have to wait a little, but rest assure the SG minions are hard at work cooking up 2 models to make sure the need of even the most demanding "dashcammer" is met.

BUT you will have to wait for some months, but if you plan for a nice long drive in "Big Country" this summer there should be a good chance you can be able to do that with a dual channel SG branded dashcam.

The weather in the most fine state of Utah will be no problem for a SG dashcam :)

And welcome to you "TBC"

Tack!

we're working on them now (4 to 6 months away at a guess), the challenge with dual channel is that all models are full of compromises, there's really no great 2 channel option from any manufacturer at this time, we've been in no rush to have something 2 channel if it's full of compromises

Good to know - thank you

Having looked at the Street Guardian section of the forum, it seems there are multiple models and options - is there a simple side by side comparison for a newbie? or alternately - a recommendation from all of the models?

I have been meaning to get a dash cam for quite a while, was involved in a roll over accident (someone hit me) which has sped up my desire to finally do it :)

Hardwire and never look back...easy...inexpensive and very useful. Do it and be glad you did...don't do it and be wishing you did.

thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it

Back