Help, mobius camera flashing differant colors

Cane knife

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, my Mobius camera was working perfectly for about a month on windscreen of car, but now flashes orange, blue, green in that order then repeats , and back red light flashes red quickly 3 times then repeats, what's going on , please help, was so happy with it before hand, so crystal clear when shown on computer, now doesn't rec, thanks in advance.

I just took camera out of car and tried it in the house where I charge my ipad up and it works perfectly, means the problem must be in the cigarette charger in car, I just bought a new adapter for it but still same problem, what now.

Which adapter are you using? What firmware and settings are you using?

Sounds as if maybe a reformat of your car and a reinstall of the firmware would be a good place to start.

It would be a good idea if you could test the voltage and amperage output from your car cigarette lighter. A standard VOM would be useful for testing the 12v socket to see if there is any obvious problem. It would also be useful to test the USB charger you are using to power the Mobius (or perhaps swap it for a new one). Many of us here at DCT have had good luck with the inexpensive Charger Doctor available on eBay for testing USB volts and amps. Doing this will help troubleshoot any problems that may not be internal to the camera since you say it works outside your vehicle with a different power supply.

GJHS'a suggestions also sound like a good idea and are always a good rule of thumb. (I reformat my car all the time. :p)

chargerdoctor.jpg

CD.jpg

Which adapter are you using? What firmware and settings are you using?

Sounds as if maybe a reformat of your car and a reinstall of the firmware would be a good place to start.
I wouldn't want to reformat my car just for Mobius. :D

I know, I know...that's just my way of saying hi, so you can welcome a new member. ;)

Thanks for everyone's replys , I've tried cable from mobius straight to cig lighter in car and a shorter cable to triple plug adapter connected to cig lighter plug, I wouldn't have a clue how to reformat my car that's a late model Holden Commadore, I'll have to take it to a Auto Electrian,

Back