Help with delayed start

machine

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with my A229 Duo where the camera doesn't start recording until around 3 minutes after my car has been started. When I start the car, I immediately get the audible "2-channel recording started" and the REC light is solid red but when I check the recorded videos, the first video starts about 3 minutes into my drive. It caused me to miss a major accident that occurred in front of me a few days ago. I'm using a 256G SanDisk Max Endurance card. I contacted Viofo customer service and their only suggestion is to reformat my card (I have done that several times). I'm new to dashcams so I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have.

I should add that I installed it myself in a 2015 Subaru Legacy using the HK4 hardwire kit. It usually only happens on the first drive of the day (early morning), if that means anything.

I'm having an issue with my A229 Duo where the camera doesn't start recording until around 3 minutes after my car has been started. When I start the car, I immediately get the audible "2-channel recording started" and the REC light is solid red but when I check the recorded videos, the first video starts about 3 minutes into my drive. It caused me to miss a major accident that occurred in front of me a few days ago. I'm using a 256G SanDisk Max Endurance card. I contacted Viofo customer service and their only suggestion is to reformat my card (I have done that several times). I'm new to dashcams so I'd really appreciate any suggestions you guys might have.
Get into the habit of looking at the DVR after starting the engine, before starting the trip.
This will save you from future troubles associated with the DVR not turning on.
I should add that I installed it myself in a 2015 Subaru Legacy using the HK4 hardwire kit. It usually only happens on the first drive of the day (early morning), if that means anything.
Do you have parking mode enabled?

Sorry for the delayed response. The issue appears to have resolved itself. Parking mode was enabled, as well as the G-sensor. Viofo suggested changing to low bit rate mode and changing the loop times to 1 min. I haven't done that yet but I'm going to try that now anyways.

Temperatures are still low but I haven't noticed the issue. I'll keep checking. Thanks so much for the suggestions here!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E A229 / A229 Duo 7
Back