Help with settings

Chase106

Reaction score
Hi, i have the DVR207GS.

In the "record time" option i have 2,5,10 and off.
What is the off option?

There is a way to volume up the recording sound? in my pc i have to put the speakers on 50% to hear normally and the other cameras I aim the speakers to 25% and that is enough.

If i put the IR in off, there is a way to turn it on manually when i'm driving?

The G-sensor is off, how can I protect a file manually From deletion?

Chase106 said:
Hi, i have the DVR207GS.

What is the off option?

There is a way to volume up the recording sound? in my pc i have to put the speakers on 50% to hear normally and the other cameras I aim the speakers to 25% and that is enough.

Let me try to help you.

Record time is the length of the video before it stops and creates another file. I believe OFF is saying that there will be no files, just one huge video file.

No, you can't adjust the sound without editing it.

Yes, but I'm not sure how to. Not that you'll need it anyway :lol: .

You can lock it, but again, I'm not sure how.

I asked about the option "off" because when I mark it, the camera creates a file size of 800 MB 16:24 minutes in length. If I record for example 20 minutes, then I will have two files. One file length 16:24 and one file until the rest of the 20 minutes. I thought as you say, it being one big file. Perhaps something else prevents the possibility of creating one large file? My memory card size 16 GB Class 10 and is empty.

I have an 027 but will try to answer as best i can
Chase106 said:
What is the off option?

The off option should create one large file. Things that can interrupt this though might be if you turn your car off or bump the charger plug and cause the camera to turn off and come back on could create more then one file.
I would recommend 2 or 5 min clips to help things be easier to sort if you need to find something in a video. I also believe that turning it to off will cause the camera to stop recording once the card is full and it would not delete the older file. This could also be a bit of a problem if you leave your camera on while parked since you have a smaller card.

Chase106 said:

I don't believe so no. There is a speaker setting on my 027, but it is for the menu beep noise and video play back on the camera screen and does not effect the files when played on a computer.

Chase106 said:
The 027 and i am guessing your 207 have an Auto setting and there is a light sensor on the under side of the camera that makes the IR lights come on when light is low, but in my experience and other users here have mentioned that the IR lights on any DashCam are just about useless.

Chase106 said:
My 027 does not have a G-Sensor, but i do not believe the camera has a lock file button like my GS8000 has. Personally i record in 5 min clips and if something interesting happens I have my passenger press the record button to stop and then again to start recording and then know to look at the shorter then 5 min clips on my PC when i get home.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A DVR-XX7 11
D DVR-XX7 4
Y DVR-XX7 4
N DVR-XX7 13
T DVR-XX7 6
Back