Here comes E2 updated version: E2_VT-ECB141. What's the improvement?

Jeff_Vantrue

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United States
1. Increase the recording time of the pre-recording function from the existing 5 seconds to 15 seconds.
2. Remove the Wi-Fi automatic shutdown function.
3. Optimize the SD card prompt card error after SD card formatting.
4. Improve to show the icon when opening the time-lapse recording for the first time after the upgrade is completed or restoring the factory, and return to the live preview.
5. Improve the manual disconnection of WiFi when entering the APP settings and the host will not actively record video.
6. Cancel the mechanism to force recovery to 2023 when the time is set to 2023 years ago.
1677117819253.png

Last edited:
1. Increase the recording time of the pre-recording function from the existing 5 seconds to 15 seconds.
2. Remove the Wi-Fi automatic shutdown function.
3. Optimize the SD card prompt card error after SD card formatting.
4. Improve to show the icon when opening the time-lapse recording for the first time after the upgrade is completed or restoring the factory, and return to the live preview.
5. Improve the manual disconnection of WiFi when entering the APP settings and the host will not actively record video.
6. Cancel the mechanism to force recovery to 2023 when the time is set to 2023 years ago.

View attachment 64194
Post the link for firmware update.

Yes please, i am about to swap memory card in the E2, and also the A229 camera in my car.

Nice improvements. I like the longer pre-record change to capture 15 sec before instead of just 5 sec.

By the way, there seem to be some odd discrepancies on the screen of the camera like saying it’s doing 72 mph in the parking lot or how it’s saying 2CH recording without the rear cam plugged in. Minor details though.

Last edited:
Yes 5 seconds was a bit short.
The camera car are about to do regenerative braking, and so after stopping the battery are fully charged. :)

Just could not help myself so just ordered two new 256 GB cards for the test suite, the Purple Samsung pro plus and then the Sandisk extreme PRO

Spread over several 256GB cards i have at least 2 TB of micro SD storage.

Thx Jeff, i just Dl it as i forgot Wednesday and following days, will install it before short drive in a few minutes.
E2 system performing well, right now with white Samsung evo plus card,,,,,, that do not work in other dahscams i have, so now 2 cards the E2 like more than other systems. :)

Back