Hi from México

rsfoto

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Dash Cam
DrivePro 620, Drive Pro 220, Drive Pro 100
Hi,

I live in Mexico and use a dashcam since about 2 years.

I found this page and Forum looking for Reviews of dashcams and since a few days I am here.

After evaluating everything and availability I opted to get a Transcend Drive Pro 220 as well as a Drive Pro 100.

I was using before a Mio MiVue 330 but the Video Quality of the 330 compared to the 220 especially at night well is huge.

So far after using this cameras I like them. I have seen they are not very popular here. I bought them in USA from B&H as I know their Service and reliability as a Long time customer for Photografphy Equipment.

regards Rainer

Hola Rainer, welcome to the forum.

Hi kamkar1 and Gabacho,

Thanks and will keep you updated about mexican driving and traffic rules

:eek::eek::eek:

Quite interesting sometimes :mad:

The overnight drive i did in mexico was as a passenger, and to be honest i was asleep most of the time.
Drove from Tuxpan to the capitol to catch a plane to LA and then on to Copenhagen,

The overnight drive i did in mexico was as a passenger, and to be honest i was asleep most of the time.
Drove from Tuxpan to the capitol to catch a plane to LA and then on to Copenhagen,

Understand. You were Lucky and I guess you had a good Driver.

Since I drove once over a dead donkey laying in the middle of the Highway I never again drive at night. I did not hava a dashcam those days. I wa slucky as I were driving a Jeep Grand Cherokke which is high. With a normal car we would have got stuck in the belly of the donkey :eek:

The highway is conrete surface not black Asphalt and the donkey was laying belly (light Grey coloured) towards me and I was driving at 130 km/h, Full Impact at that Speed. That day anyhow was an adventure since we started the Journey ... all what could happen happened that day :cool:

This was back in 1990, things proberly gotten worse since then, at least over here thats how it seem to go here.

This was back in 1990, things proberly gotten worse since then, at least over here thats how it seem to go here.

Correct, I live in Mexico again for nearly 24 years and yes, driving has gone worse but seems to be a worldwide tendency ...

:eek:

Correct, I live in Mexico again for nearly 24 years and yes, driving has gone worse but seems to be a worldwide tendency ...

:eek:
I travel to Mexico often and I stopped driving when there a long time ago. It is not for the faint of heart for sure :eek:

I hope to live there in retirement. A very beautiful and cultural rich country.
I'm sure there's plenty to see there, I was on a pre arranged tour so I guess you see what they want you to see for the most part, the touristy stuff in Tijuana then somewhere along the coast to a restaurant overlooking the place where some parts of the Titanic were filmed (so they told us, no idea if true or not) not there for long but it was a nice trip all the same

I have a home in San Miguel de Allende in a very beautiful part of Mexico. Should you decide to travel to Mexico let me know and I can recommend some very nice areas to visit. Lunch is on me.

I found a picture of Gabacho with his daily ride in Mexico.

2402995879_c4d48c83a1.jpg

You have to avoid sunburn on critical parts, you know?

I hope to live there in retirement. A very beautiful and cultural rich country.

Hi Gabacho,

yes you are right but at the Moment as it looks and develops I would think twice about it ...

I am in Mexico for the 2nd time, I grew up here, emmigrated to Germany and came back aprox. 24 years ago and honestly it did not improve ...

OK, anybody can take his own decisions but there are places in the world which are more calm and ... (put here whatever fits) :rolleyes:

saludos

PS I have to live here for retirement :p no other Option ...

Back