Hi!

size_t

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
my dashcam is currently in chicago, it sure does take awhile to cross the ocean! My daily commute is 25m each way, 23 of which are highway. It's fairly straight with no congestion, a very uninteresting ride and accounts for 95% of my driving time. I don't expect to be posting any crazy stuff :p still very excited about getting it though :) Hoping the battery issue won't ruin all my fun, really looking forward to when it gets here!

Welcome!

I have found with my old cam that you do get periods of absolutely nothing worth noting, and then something out of nowhere that makes you glad you had it recording, whether its someone running a red light, or someone trying to be a speed racer at a roundabout and overcooks it, doing a hilarious 720 spin, its good to just have it rolling and recording as you go

Yep, even if I only catch 1 thing over the life of the camera, if it's important enough it would pay for itself right there.

Plus even unexciting stuff is still valuable for me. I moved 1100 miles away from my family, who have never come to visit me, so I can show them a bit of my life :) Only fear is that it will be stolen & there goes 200$...

yup, I am waiting on my second dashcam to arrive for that exact same reason, some little low life did my car over and, while ignoring the $500 worth of nice load straps and tie downs, pinched my dashcam probably thinking it was a Radar detector

i could have put it in the glovebox, but they went through that, and would have found it there anyway

so the best thing you can do is take the cam out when you leave the car alone, which can be a pain, even a chore, but then it wont get pinched that way!

Ouch, that stinks. How long did you have it for?

I played with it a bit today and it isn't hard to remove from the mount, but taking it out every time I park will be a huge hassle. Plus I'm sure that the one day I'm running late & forget it will be the day I needed it :)

Once I get some second opinions as to how noticeable it is I'll look into hiding it better

ive had mine 3 days. day one and two picked up some cracking incidents but today I did about 180 miles on a fairly congestion free motorway and nothing of any importance to note.

Back