hi

rokhard

Reaction score
Country
United States
HI. Came here top ask about compatible fluch mount cameras for wolfbox mirror mounts. Ill post amother thread, but if anyone wants to answer here: I put a wolfbox mirror mount camera system in my 2022 transit, just for a full time rear view, but I hate wolfboxes cameras, and they dont sell a flush mount. I want a flush mount I can drill into my back door, thats compatible with wolfbox systems. Its a four pin connector I just tried one off of Amazon (nakitka wd 012) but it is either incompatible, defective, or theres two thin wires that are supposed to be cut under certain circumstances, but I have no idea what that refers to, and I dont understand what theyre saying, so Im not touching them. I have the other camera mounted and functioning in the mean time.

Anyway, if anyone knows of a flush mount camera that I can plug into my woflbox g850 system, let me know please.

Welcome to the forum rokhard.

You can not mix and match cameras, so your wolfbox dashcam will only work with their cameras, the only way that might be possible is if the camera you are talking about are a analog SD reversing camera.
But then you still have the wiring to figure out, and the MO of it, i think normally reversing cameras are powered by the reverse light, or at least triggered by it, and so there should be 3 wires + and - 12 V and then the signal wire for the analog signal.

Many dashcam rear cameras are on a just 2 wire coaxial setup, so that is just + and - 12 V but then the signal are transferred as a modulation of one of those, come types of CCTV cameras use the same way

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum rokhard.

You can not mix and match cameras, so your wolfbox dashcam will only work with their cameras, the only way that might be possible is if the camera you are talking about are a analog SD reversing camera.
But then you still have the wiring to figure out, and the MO of it, i think normally reversing cameras are powered by the reverse light, or at least triggered by it, and so there should be 3 wires + and - 12 V and then the signal wire for the analog signal.

Many dashcam rear cameras are on a just 2 wire coaxial setup, so that is just + and - 12 V but then the signal are transferred as a modulation of one of those, come types of CCTV cameras use the same way
Well, you may very well be right, but Im not gonna give up hope quite yet. its a pretty standard 4 pin connector, so there MIGHT be one out there that will work. But yeah, It seems that all the universal cameras I see online will connect to AV jacks that come with stereos with screens, which is not what my wolfbox is. its an 1/8" jack at the unit.

As for the wiring, thats already done. I have already installed a working camera, I just hate the way the camera mounts.

Back