Holding down record button shortcut

SPL15

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you hold down the record button, the dashcam single beeps as if something was changed.

Does anyone know what this shortcut does?

If you hold down the record button, the dashcam single beeps as if something was changed.

Does anyone know what this shortcut does?
Long-press the Rec button should've heard the voice notification that it formatted the SD card (oops?). If you turned off voice notifications then perhaps it just beeps.

Is it possible you meant you long-pressed the Mic button rather than the Rec button? That one has an undocumented long-press function - It will just beep. It turns on H.265/HEVC recording format: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a139-pro-recording-in-h-265.48694/#post-591371

That’s weird because my SD card still shows nearly full after pressing & holding the Rec button twice

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 5
Record, as in the one 2nd from the left most button & says “Rec” w/ red lettering.

I just tried it again w/ voice notifications on, does not reformat SD card, does not say successfully reformat card, just does a singular beep after holding for around 3 seconds.

Maybe try pressing the reset button and see if anything changes. May not do anything but it couldn't hurt.

I’ll try later on w/ a different SD card. I don’t actually want to reformat right now on my 512GB card, have some good footage of typical Michigan smooth brains being their usual selves. I usually get 1 - 2 “save worthy” clips each day around my area due to how stupid the general populace is

I’ll try later on w/ a different SD card. I don’t actually want to reformat right now on my 512GB card, have some good footage of typical Michigan smooth brains being their usual selves. I usually get 1 - 2 “save worthy” clips each day around my area due to how stupid the general populace is

Many years of owning dash cams has taught me to always keep multiple spare memory cards on hand, for emergencies, or have footage I'm not ready to archive or dispose of just yet, or just want to do some testing leaving my daily driver cards intact.

Back