Holidays

Decking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick word before the networks go crazy and people disappear for the holidays. May I just say Merry Christmas to everyone.
I sincerely hope that 2024 turns out to be a great year. Have a good holiday.

Hope we'll see full Starvis-2 solutions for front and rear camera with 2K resolutions and more from Vantrue team. And some software improvements too.

It appears there may be a Santa . The Elves are waiting to help.

Wishing you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year! Can't wait to share with you guys what Vantrue will bring to the table in 2024 ;)
Only two sleeps to the new year lol.
Perhaps a 5x camera system with 2 cameras facing forward one on each side of the windscreen, with an under dash recording unit with built in solid state battery for parking mode. One can only hope:)

Only two sleeps to the new year lol.
Perhaps a 5x camera system with 2 cameras facing forward one on each side of the windscreen, with an under dash recording unit with built in solid state battery for parking mode. One can only hope:)
There's a lot that Vantrue wanna achieve but some technologies are limited by the computational power of the chipset. So let's see what would happen in 2024.

There's a lot that Vantrue wanna achieve but some technologies are limited by the computational power of the chipset. So let's see what would happen in 2024.
Hi Jeff,

Any update for 2024 units
Cheers

I suppose putting in a co-processor is not possible ? or maybe just adding too much to cost of hardware and i assume development / programming.

Maybe a state of the art SoC processor for the main cameras and an older, less expensive processor for the ancillary cameras with fewer bells and whistles overall could make such a camera viable?

The new novatek SOC seem potent enough, but of course if you then ask it to pull several cameras then you dont have much left.

Actually the new Amba stuff also look very capable

I am still wishing for that MEGA / Race dashcam, that operate in action camera territory and with a blistering image quality, but of course for that and not least in a car cabin environment i have doubts about a SD card having the guts to cope with that.
I would buy such a dashcam even if it was just single channel or maybe dual but then the rear camera was its own unit, and was only powered and timed / synced from the front unit as it would otherwise be a system on its own.
I would still be OK with a rear camera having its own memory card, CUZ i know it is not often i will have to go to it for footage, but it would also be nice to have it as part of a total package with a smart footage recovery system so i still wouldn't have to handle its memory card as events from that would still be tied together with the front system.

Also some phone image processors also able to handle a lot, insane pixel counts sensors and multiple of them at the same time.

My imagination is as vivid as ever.

The new novatek SOC seem potent enough, but of course if you then ask it to pull several cameras then you dont have much left.

Actually the new Amba stuff also look very capable

I am still wishing for that MEGA / Race dashcam, that operate in action camera territory and with a blistering image quality, but of course for that and not least in a car cabin environment i have doubts about a SD card having the guts to cope with that.
I would buy such a dashcam even if it was just single channel or maybe dual but then the rear camera was its own unit, and was only powered and timed / synced from the front unit as it would otherwise be a system on its own.
I would still be OK with a rear camera having its own memory card, CUZ i know it is not often i will have to go to it for footage, but it would also be nice to have it as part of a total package with a smart footage recovery system so i still wouldn't have to handle its memory card as events from that would still be tied together with the front system.

Also some phone image processors also able to handle a lot, insane pixel counts sensors and multiple of them at the same time.

My imagination is as vivid as ever.
Your imagination is the equivalent of a digital erection, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that because I feel the same bulge in my pants too.

Back