home charger for Battery packs

Shiwarrior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if the one i have would charge a blackvue 130X or a cellink neo 8+ ?

cHOSSl2.jpg

Yes. It's 12V like a car and enough amps.
But I take no responsibility.

Looks like it should work. I like to switch batteries to their low current settings when using an AC charger like that, mostly for the current through the cig. lighter cable. I'm not entirely sure if it's rated for high speed 10A charging of that limitation is more for concerns of pulling too much power from a vehicle's cig. lighter outlet itself.

Maybe @rcg530 or @safedrivesolutions would know more?

Have you tried to charge one indoors ?
I've charged my Powercore indoors with a variable power supply. Kind of like yours but it has a dial to change the voltage. It worked perfectly.

That charger only outputs 12V which is too low of a charging voltage for many of the dash camera battery packs. BlackboxMyCar sells a charger (power inverter) that outputs 14.6V with a max of 8 amps for the B-130X or similar battery packs. @Panzer Platform and I tested the 6A power inverter that BlackboxMyCar was originally selling with a PowerCell 8, BlackVue B-130X and a Thinkware iVolt Xtra BAB-95 (in low amp charging mode). The battery pack specifications state that the battery pack will only draw up to 5 amps (in low amp charging mode by mode selection or by CLA cable usage). Many battery packs will actually exceed the 5 amp charging amp draw and they pushed the 14.6V 6A power inverter over its amp draw limit and it overheated the power inverter. That's when BlackboxMyCar searched for a beefier power inverter. That's why they now sell the 14.6V 8 amp (max) power inverter for the larger capacity battery packs.

I use this

1722558772301.png

I used it for a power supply when setting up vehicle trackers and it worked on my powerbank.

The adaptor at the bottom has two holes for inserting wires with screws to tighten.

Mine is UK socket.

The variable voltage was useful for testing parking mode.

UK one
Tempted to try this one
RoyPow AC to DC Converter 180W Transformer Power Adapter Supply 220V 230V 240V to 12V Cigar Lighter https://amzn.eu/d/b5n5cHw

One reviewer says its OK

Value for money
Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 14 November 2023

Used it to charge my next base powerbank it can only be charged by cigarette connection

Just to keep the forum tidy
I've ordered the roypow to charge a powerbank at home, ordered a cellink neo 8+

Well see if that works

Anyone know if you can buy or make your self an extention for the output to dashcam part ?
See pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240803_174309_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_174309_Chrome.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 3
Anyone know if the one i have would charge a blackvue 130X or a cellink neo 8+ ?
I do not have any of the noted batteries, I build my own batteries.
However, looking at specs, 130X can be charged with input of 12-17VDC, up to 13.5A max, and neo 8+ can be charged with input of 11-30VDC, up to 13A max, meaning inside they have DC-DC charger/converter which takes that respective VDC range and converts it to 14.4VDC±0.2 required to charge LFP battery pack inside.
Amperage is usually limited by the same DC-DC charger inside the battery pack, in this case up to 13.5A max.

So, basically any external Power Supply providing between noted VDC range and 15A or higher (to be save and not to overload power supply), will work.

I use this one for my own built batteries:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07TZMMZ66

Anyone know if you can buy or make your self an extention for the output to dashcam part ?
I have a video that discusses connecting the dash camera power cable to the battery pack's output power cable. I also discuss making your own cable to connect to the battery pack output power connection port. I show the Molex connectors used by EGEN with a vast majority of the battery packs they produce (which includes the BlackVue B-130X but minus the Thinkware iVolt Xtra BAB-95 which has a 6-pin connector). I list the part number info in the video's description section. The website is located in the U.S. (Mouser) where I obtain the Molex connectors and the terminal pins.

Back