Home security.

nethomike01

Reaction score
Country
United States
what you have install for your home security. Actually the home security alarms, motion detector and other security cameras have become the need of every home because the crime rate is still going on. A general report show that a car has been occurred in a home after every 50second. so I must recommend to all my friends must install some thing for making secure your home and business.

I built my own CCTV system about 8 years ago and wrote all the software myself, it's still running today with 6 cams around the house.

Unwelcome visitors... luckily they spotted the camera and it scared them off!

pic20091002-025950-2.jpg

Oh a happier note, it captures some good pics of the local birdlife... :)

pic20090525-093915-2.jpg

pic20080513-163918-1.jpg

pic20081203-103029-2.jpg

pic20080630-091430-1.jpg

pic20130323-133252-1.jpg

:)

Would nice to have camera security here in sweden too. but here you arent allowed to have camera seciruty if you can film the street, other houses, people walking on the street. stuff like that, then if you have installed the camera by the law, you need to put up signs where it says "Video Surveillance". So here its better off with a big mean dog and a bat at the door.

andrew73 said:
I built my own CCTV system about 8 years ago and wrote all the software myself, it's still running today with 6 cams around the house.

pic20091002-025950-2.jpg

Bloody hell, looks like something off of Crimewatch :eek: !!!

Jazzist said:
andrew73 said:

pic20091002-025950-2.jpg

Bloody hell, looks like something off of Crimewatch :eek: !!!

+ 1 :)

I was lucky, the police said there was a car gang operating in the area who would break in and torture the occupants to get valuables and car keys. It was the little red leds on the camera that saved me, they spotted the camera and made off. I slept through the whole thing, and nearly spat coffee over my PC when I saw the pics the next day!!

It's a shame you can't have any other kind of deterrent alongside the security cameras - eg: an Uzi Strapped to the side with motion detect ;-)

bronze84 said:
It's a shame you can't have any other kind of deterrent alongside the security cameras - eg: an Uzi Strapped to the side with motion detect ;-)

Yeah, I could do a little project to rig a remote activated water pistol to the motion detection, to scare off the heron from the fish pond! :lol:

andrew73 said:
Yeah, I could do a little project to rig a remote activated water pistol to the motion detection, to scare off the heron from the fish pond! :lol:

won't stop them, had a heron come and knock off my fish, even the garden hose didn't deter him, ended up I now have a steel mesh grill over my pond, detracts from the looks but at least he can't steal my fish anymore

andrew73 said:
bronze84 said:

Fill it with urine and you could spray the would be intruders in the face (not everyone that visits though) :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I have installed the CCTV cameras in my home through which i can get the video any time i want and at any place on my mobile.Because i am using a monitoring service with that and also install the security apps in my mobile to get the live videos of these cameras.

When you have a net or tight rope around the pond than they mayn't reach to your pond Because they will land a few away from pond and than cover remaining distance on foot.Or use some decoy Heron that keep away the new heron because they don't come in the area of other Heron.

Albert said:
.Or use some decoy Heron that keep away the new heron because they don't come in the area of other Heron.

I stuck with the grille over the pond, got my revenge a few weeks ago when we had Heron for lunch

In my home in Finland i got an alarm system and kameravalvonta or CCTV and having those kind of stuff make me really safe cause i see everything around my home which is amazing about this technology.

I use two Agasio A622W wireless IP outdoor dome cameras and Blue Iris software to monitor and record. These are pan/tilt units with night vision (no optical zoom or audio - the latter is illegal where I live).

I am very pleased with these units as they are solidly constructed and have already proven to pay for themselves in the crime prevention area. Several videos have been utilized by the local Prosecutor.

Both cameras are recorded to a 2TB DVR attached to a Linksys E4200 dual band router.

Back