How come no one thought about it?

Hezi

Reaction score
Country
United States
First let me apologize for bringing this AGAIN, but I need help. I researched the web for days and All I got is uncertainty and frustration. Few weeks ago I took delivery of a new expensive car. I am looking for a front and rear dash cam setup. Since I live in a dense urban area, and street parking is something no one can avoid, parking mode is very important to me. I am planning to hardwire the cam/s to run on a continuous loop. Before I will get to the main question; which camera... It seems there are so many good cheap choices out there. So how come no one thought of giving the user an option of: hardwire on/off and parking mode that kicks in based on GPS.
If the Cam GPS signal indicates stationary position for more than a period of - user set time, it automatically goes into Park Mode where the resolution and frame per second are determined by the user. I will be satisfied with 4-6 frames per second on HD and that would give me hours of recording on a 32GB storage.

Boom, problem solved! It's just a matter of firmware...

Instead, manufacturer are providing cams in a variety of colors, with logos that are screaming "here I am! Come break into my owner car and take me! oh well, I need your help here...

I'm looking for:

Small footprint/Stealth
Reliability
Decent HD optics
Reliable parking Mode
Decent price

I was all set on getting two B40/A118. It has so much going for it, but I'm concerned with parking mode. I read that the motion sensor is unreliable and a continuance recording on a 32GB will give me 5-6 Hrs before deleting old files. Not enough for street overnight parking.

I am considering the new LS700W on Amazon, but there is no info about it.

The Mini 0803 can take too much heat. The Blackvue is ridiculously expensive. The Panorama 2 everyone is raving about is expensive if I need two of them and not exactly small/stealthy.

What do you say? There are so many good cheap options out there, but it seems no one was taking Parking mode as a viable important feature. Please help!

there are cameras that switch to parking mode based on GPS, not the type of product you've been looking at though

any camera with a battery is not suitable for parking mode

Jokiin, your name is all over the net as the authority of dash cams. What is he closest cam to my description you can recommend? And thank in advance!

I thought I was pretty much just here, not sure where that comes from, anyway at the moment you'll be looking at Korean cameras if you want something that does proper parking mode, from your comments though I'm not sure that's in the budget, you're at around $200 per camera to get something that works properly for this

The x2 is exactly what I have. its in the mail to me now. this is the cam to get right now!

@jokiin is a bit modest. he may not be "all over the net" but his authority is sound and he has lots of experience in this field.

The street guardian line of cams are reliable and their customer service, at least in the USA, is sound also. @Pier28 sells these products. both of these cats are tops of the dashcam game right now.

Back