How do we disable the green light?

J Ward

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone know how we may disable the light? Blackvue allows this option. Hoping it's possible on my N4 pro

Anyone know how we may disable the light? Blackvue allows this option. Hoping it's possible on my N4 pro
Vantrue *used* to be active here on these forums almost daily, but for last month and a half folks have reported radio silence from the company rep on here. I've reached out personally and apparently everything is ok and they're still listening and working away on their products.

But yes would be nice to have that option, I find the light discreet but that doesn't forgive not having an option to disable it altogether for sure mate.

Vantrue *used* to be active here on these forums almost daily, but for last month and a half folks have reported radio silence from the company rep on here. I've reached out personally and apparently everything is ok and they're still listening and working away on their products.

But yes would be nice to have that option, I find the light discreet but that doesn't forgive not having an option to disable it altogether for sure mate.
O dang, that is unfortunate :(

Did you try "REC Status Light = Off/On" option in "Record Setup" menu?

I like a little pilot light on rear cameras.

If you can not find / be given a OFF option, you can paint the LED with a marker or put a little piece of black tape over it for ghetto solutions.

Far left side of photo. You can use a soldering iron to remove the LED or the current-limiting resistor just above the screw if you really don't like it. They have a substantial light pipe + diffuser above it and I don't find it to be a problem even at night, when it's 8'-9'/2m behind me in a rearview mirror.

_OB_0064.jpg

Far left side of photo. You can use a soldering iron to remove the LED or the current-limiting resistor just above the screw if you really don't like it. They have a substantial light pipe + diffuser above it and I don't find it to be a problem even at night, when it's 8'-9'/2m behind me in a rearview mirror.

View attachment 68805
Awesome! Thank you

Back