How does the A119 Emergency lock button operate?

Lucas Nuciari

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hi,

Can someone confirm the operation of the emergency lock button in the A129?

When activated the emergency button, what is the operation?
Does it copy a set amount of time before and after to a protected folder or does it operate like the A119 where it moves whatever file you happen to be on to a protected folder?

Can anyone confirm in detail how it operates and if how it operates is configurable in the menu?

Thanks in advance.

You cant configure how use of the EMG button work in menu, at least not to my knowledge ( don't own a viofo product )

If they work like street guardian cameras they deal with segments instead, so pressing the button will save / lock current segment ( 3 minutes if you use that size ) and then depending on here you are in current segment either the one before it or the following segment.
So this mean me on my SG camera using 3 minute files, when i press the event button i get 6 minutes locked ( 2 files ) or actually if i do that on my DC ( dual channel ) i get 4 locked 3 minute files, 2 from front camera and 2 from rear camera.

You cant configure how use of the EMG button work in menu, at least not to my knowledge ( don't own a viofo product )

If they work like street guardian cameras they deal with segments instead, so pressing the button will save / lock current segment ( 3 minutes if you use that size ) and then depending on here you are in current segment either the one before it or the following segment.
So this mean me on my SG camera using 3 minute files, when i press the event button i get 6 minutes locked ( 2 files ) or actually if i do that on my DC ( dual channel ) i get 4 locked 3 minute files, 2 from front camera and 2 from rear camera.

I don't think there's works like ours, it will lock at least the current front and rear recordings though

No not sure either, hope some viofo owner can fill in.

I believe the A129 works like the A119/A119S. If you have looping set to 3 minutes and you press the ! button, it will save the current 3 minute file being recorded. If you are 15 seconds or less into the current file, it will also save the previous 3 minute file. If you are 2:45 or later into the current file, then it will save the current file and the next 3 minute file.

I’ve never noticed it saving the previous or following file if it is 15s from start or end. I have my files set to 1m so they are easy to transfer via WiFi and it only ever locks 2 files, 1 front and one rear.

If you use the Bluetooth button then it also takes a snapshot image too, not sure if it does that when you press the button on the cam though.

I’ve also found you can’t view the pictures via WiFi, I only get access to that file if I connect to the laptop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

on the sd card you have photos and movie folders, inside the movies folder is an extra folder for protected files.

So I just tested this on the A129. If you press the ! button within 15 seconds of the next file, it is not saving the current and next file. It only saves the current file being recorded. If you press the ! button within 15 seconds of the current file, it does save the previous file. So it will save the current file and the previous file. It should be moving both files to the RO folder in both circumstances, so I'll report this to @viofo as I believe this is a firmware bug. I tested using 1 minute files and 3 minute files. I have not tested this in the A119 yet, but will test it when I have time.

So I just tested this on the A129. If you press the ! button within 15 seconds of the next file, it is not saving the current and next file. It only saves the current file being recorded. If you press the ! button within 15 seconds of the current file, it does save the previous file. So it will save the current file and the previous file. It should be moving both files to the RO folder in both circumstances, so I'll report this to @viofo as I believe this is a firmware bug. I tested using 1 minute files and 3 minute files. I have not tested this in the A119 yet, but will test it when I have time.

That’s good to know @CaptureYourAction it was something I often thought about but just ignored it like I ignore having no buffer [emoji6] it’s easy enough to find the previous/next file when there is the recorded file in the RO folder.

If I was involved in an accident then as soon as I got the opportunity (after the 3rd party had incriminated themselves with what they say after the accident and after details exchanged) I would remove the SD card and store it on my person so anything I needed didn’t get overwritten. I’ve got a spare 32G Card in the car which would record my journey home should I need anything else recorded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks for figuring that out. I'll switch to 5 minute files, to be on the safe side. :)

Back