How does Vico-Schedule work?

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
I was hoping someone could help me understand how the Vico-Schedule feature works on the TF2+P.
I seen that i can basically tell the camera if it gets dark sooner or later
and then there is
Day time EV Level
Daytime WDR Setting
Night Time EV Level
Night Time WDR setting

If i leave these set to 0 and go back a page in the menu the camera has them listed as Auto and not 0.
Does the Camera know to auto adjust depending on what time frame i have set in the first setting and what time the time stamp displays?
Should i play around with what looks best in terms of WDR setting and EV setting for night and day and then Vico-Schedule switches between what i have selected depending on the time?

I think i read before WDR improves night but hurts day quality recording should i leave it off during the day?

Thanks in advance want to make sure i understand and set the feature correctly.

CheckYourLights said:
I think i read before WDR improves night but hurts day quality recording should i leave it off during the day?

yes true hardware WDR is a function that will give you improved quality at night but there can be a bit of a trade off during the day which would be why they've added the schedule option

It does not seem to have an off setting, just Standard and Strong for the WDR, and things look a little to bright during the day when EV is set to Auto so i am still working the settings out.

I left it on my in car over night to see how well it would do. The image was a bit pixelated, but it was able to read the plate of the car i was parked behind of and see a little down the street at 330 am with the only lighting being one street light in it's FOV.

EDIT: I had realized that the camera was pointed to a really dark area with almost no light and it was pixelated and a bit rough. i have since pointed it a little more towards the street where more light is from street lights, and it looks a lot better. Way better then my DVR-027 or GS8000 at 3:00-4:00 am when it is rather dark out

Back