How enter Setup mode (always goes to USB mode)?

Arthur

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dash Cam
Mini 0801, 0803, 0806, 0906
How on earth does one enter Setup Mode? My Mini 0906 always goes to USB Mode when I power it up using a PC-attached cable. I've tried every conceivable button combo and can't get the ruddy device into Setup Mode.

This marvellous little thing has operated reliably and flawlessly for 5 years and in several cars.

How on earth does one enter Setup Mode? My Mini 0906 always goes to USB Mode when I power it up using a PC-attached cable. I've tried every conceivable button combo and can't get the ruddy device into Setup Mode.

This marvellous little thing has operated reliably and flawlessly for 5 years and in several cars.
Sounds like your usb cable is also a data cable so the Dashcam will always go into data mode.

Try another USB cable that is only used for charging devices as these cables don't have the data lines connected internally.

Or connect the camera to a usb charger.

Sounds like your usb cable is also a data cable so the Dashcam will always go into data mode.

Try another USB cable that is only used for charging devices as these cables don't have the data lines connected internally.

Or connect the camera to a usb charger.
Of course! The USB charger idea is obvious - feel like a real nana for not thinking of that. Your reply appreciated, LateralNW.

Back