How to dismantle a GS5000

Kitiara

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I need to get into my GS5000, I have pulled the screws out of the top around the mounting bracket but I can't get it open. How do I get inside it without damagine it?

thanks!

if it goes together like the 1000 it's best to start from the bottom center and push gently and you'll feel the tab that locks the two halves in place, once you dislodge that one you need to release the side clips either end, it unfolds quite easily once those three points are dislodged

Hope that makes sense, kind of hard to explain without pictures

Makes sense, but I'm starting to think they glued this one together. I can get a slight gap along the sides (ie, about 1mm) but no further, and can't seem to get the top to move at all and the bottom sort of moves, but not by much (more flexes than moves)

The bottom just flexes a very slight amount, not enough to disengage any clips or even make an opening big enough to slip anything in (and my thumbs are a little sore from pushing so hard)

Not easy to explain but on a 1000 at least the bottom centre has a small tab that locks over an indent in the other half, I don't have one with me to double check but from memory it's the rear half that needs to be pushed down to slip off the locking tab, of course there are a few different versions of these housings and I'm not sure if they've all copied the same locking mechanism, go gently I suppose

Thanks for your assistance but I couldn't get it open :-( it must be glued from the amount of movement I am getting.

Cheers

Back