How to install new firmware?

DashCamKing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've never updated my Viofo cameras firmware (my A129 is still running what it came with).

I want to update my A229 duo firmware as I hope this will fix my Bluetooth button connection issues and hopefully will improve the appalling video quality.

Apologies if covered elsewhere but where can I get latest UK firmware and how do I go about installing it?

I've never updated my Viofo cameras firmware (my A129 is still running what it came with).

I want to update my A229 duo firmware as I hope this will fix my Bluetooth button connection issues and hopefully will improve the appalling video quality.

Apologies if covered elsewhere but where can I get latest UK firmware and how do I go about installing it?
Here is the link where you can download the latest firmware for A229 Duo: https://viofo.com/content/61-a229-duo-support/
Please format your card to FAT32 using this program first. (do not tick quick format)
Then download the file to your card. After downloading, please supply power to your camera after inserting the card back. Please wait for a while for updating. It will turn on automatically after updating.

Just to help anyone else who encounters the same issue:

Whenever I attempted to format the SD card with guiformat, I got the error below:

Error:
Failed to open device
GetLastError()=32
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Solution:
1. Open guiformat. Leave it open.
2. Open up Task Manager (either with CTRL+ALT+DEL or right clicking on Start Menu bar > Task Manager)
2. Go to processes tab and look for explorer.exe (for Windows 10, it's simply called "Windows Explorer")
3. Restart explorer.exe (or "Windows Explorer). You will lose your start menu and all currently opened Windows Explorer windows.
4. Start the format and it should work.

Just to help anyone else who encounters the same issue:

Whenever I attempted to format the SD card with guiformat, I got the error below:

Error:
Failed to open device
GetLastError()=32
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Solution:
1. Open guiformat. Leave it open.
2. Open up Task Manager (either with CTRL+ALT+DEL or right clicking on Start Menu bar > Task Manager)
2. Go to processes tab and look for explorer.exe (for Windows 10, it's simply called "Windows Explorer")
3. Restart explorer.exe (or "Windows Explorer). You will lose your start menu and all currently opened Windows Explorer windows.
4. Start the format and it should work.
Before formatting an SD card with guiformat, format it first in windows.
Checked. It works. :cool:

Last edited:
Back