How to open a GS900

robertthegreat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody disasembled one of these i would like to try and change the mic .Mine is terrible loud but lots of white noise . But cant see a way of opening it and dont want to break it in the proccess .
Thank in advance Rob

You need to remove the 4 small screws holding the GPS antanna on the top. There are three taps on each short side, two taps on the bottom and two long taps on the top screwed down by the 4 small screws on the top.

If you look carefully on the thick part of the edge, you can see there is a small hair line joint between the two clam shells. I used a small flat blade screwdriver inserted between the hair line joint to preyed it open. I ended up breaking some of those taps off in the process, but it is OK, you don't need that many taps to hold the two shells together anyway, it was an overkill. I actually cut some of the tabs off, so I can open it easily later to change the battery or for whatever reason. I left the two top long tab, two bottom tab and one side tab on the flash memory side. I snapped it back together, no problem.

I opened mine to see if I can adjust the focus on the lens. But looks like the lens is super glued, I can't turn it. My camera is front focused. the distant objects are slightly blurry, there is nothing I can do to fix it. The sound is also very bad on mine, but I don't care about that, so I didn't replace the mic while it was open.

I hope this help.

Back