How to open the GS9000?

p_dashcam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To help solve my partial lens blur problem I need to open it up and inspect the lens mount, apart from the two screws on top what do I need to do? Thanks in advance!

p_dashcam said:
To help solve my partial lens blur problem I need to open it up and inspect the lens mount, apart from the two screws on top what do I need to do? Thanks in advance!

From my experience there are always hidden screws somewhere. Normally hidden under removable covers and QC stickers. More than likely you will have to pop off the rear screen bezel to access the internals. I have never done it myself so the liability lies with you. Good luck and don't forget to take pictures and post them on here.

Cheers :) Mario

Already opened it last night and put it back together, but will open it again this week to replace the battery with a longer life one. It's in the post. So will take pics then. pretty easy -when I wasn't afraid to use force!!

recently have also disassembled it. be carefull, there is clips(holders) near the microSD slot and miniHDMI port, you can easily brake them! there are 4 of them, I have broke one of them. but after assembling it back, everything is holding like nothing was happened.

Back