How to stock video/images

maccardiolog

Reaction score
Country
Romania
How could I stock so much information (ex 32 GB ) "on-the-go" (holiday) with an external HDD and a competent smartphone ( Samsung Note 3 100 GB total memory ) with a card reader and WITHOUT carrying a laptop with me .

Niko , I know this is maybe out of topic question , but is it possible to tranfer files between a smartphone and an external HDD directly , supposing that files are tranffered already from microSD card to smartphone via OTG cable ?

Niko , I know this is maybe out of topic question , but is it possible to tranfer files between a smartphone and an external HDD directly , supposing that files are tranffered already from microSD card to smartphone via OTG cable ?
Any external drive that supports OTG?

My mistake, mixed HDD vs SDD.
I am using smart phones OTG reader to transfer from dashcam flash memory card to other sources ( USB flash, microsd, SD etc ) if needed on the go.
Maybe there are such OTG out there to work with HDD, but I havnt met them yet.

In your case ( 100Gb ) it is possible to buy 128Gb flash USb stick ( 40-50 euro ) and use OTG reader, so no need a HDD-hassle.

This is how I do. Maybe this will be helpful for you as well.

SANY0004.JPG

One option, if feasible for you (internet access and bandwidth) might be to use a cloud storage provider like Mega where you can buy 500GB storage on a monthly basis f0r 9.99 € or 19.99 € for 2TB if you only need the service short term. Of course, they have yearly plans too. They offer a free smartphone/tablet app (iOS and Android) for uploading and viewing. I'm not exactly sure how this works but you might need that card reader mentioned above. Anyway, this may be worth looking into.

Back