How to wire for parking mode, with cigarette lighter adapter...

Scott_WI

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the F800 Pro, with the hardwire cable to enable parking mode. However I do not want to hardwire the camera, instead I want to use an external batter / jump starter, which I already own. This jump starter has a cigarette lighter adapter. I use this jump starter pack with the cigarette lighter adapter plugged into the camera, but it never goes into parking mode. I understand, from Thinkware, I need to use the hardware cable to enable parking mode. This cable of course has 3 wires, and a cigarette lighter adapter only has two, does anyone know how to make this connection to work and enable parking mode a from a cigarette lighter connection?

Needs three wire connection to do parking mode

Yes, I realize that, but there is a way to make this 3 wire to 2 wire connection work, as others have done it, and I'm looking for more information on how to do this.

Yes, I realize that, but there is a way to make this 3 wire to 2 wire connection work, as others have done it, and I'm looking for more information on how to do this.
no, it needs three wires connected, a permanent power source and a switched power source

no, it needs three wires connected, a permanent power source and a switched power source

So what does a “switched” power source mean, doesn’t plugging it in “switch” it on? Guess I’m real confused how a battery pack like Neo or Cellink whatever they’re called can make this work, but I can’t? :)

So what does a “switched” power source mean, doesn’t plugging it in “switch” it on? Guess I’m real confused how a battery pack like Neo or Cellink whatever they’re called can make this work, but I can’t? :)
the battery packs like the Neo have 3 wire (B+, ACC, Ground) switched output so there are two power wires to the camera, if the battery pack is being powered/charged by the car then both power outputs are on, when you turn the car off and the battery is no longer powered then it turns off the ACC output and the camera will go into parking mode

So couldn’t I connect the B+ and ACC to a cigarette lighter adapter and that would trigger parking mode?

no that would put it in normal recording mode, when the ACC gets disconnected it changes to parking mode

Well I only ever want the camera to work when parked, so that’s not a problem. :)

Back