How would you wire up this setup?

Mio NoVue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Car: MK3 2006 Mondeo

Until VIOFO release their next round of 2CH cams where the up front cam can beat the A119v3 then this is going to be my setup...

1) UP FRONT: Viofo A119v3
2) REAR: My old Mio Mivue 618 (that's currently up front). Note: It's not the end of the world if this actually doesn't get installed & I go with no rear cam, though I'd prefer to have one.
3) ALSO: a fast charging cable for my phone.

Further info....

1) This will be using VIOFOs own hardwire kit as I want parking mode so we're already tapping in to 2 fuses here.
2) This one will be going direct in to a 12v female socket behind the glovebox. Saw CraigsDIYcar do a rear install & I'll have to see if I have the patience to try and route it to the rear window. I know you can get general hardwire kits for dash cams & that's how I had this one installed at first but it hated the cold weather (I'd have to unplug & replug). Using the devices own 12v male fixed that issue.
3) Again, my thinking here is 12v female socket tapped in to the fuse box behind the glovebox (so there's a fair bit of tapping going on here), in to that goes a fast charging adapter. In to that goes a USB cable which routes all the way behind my head unit, behind the clocks, up out of the air vent on the right side of the steering wheel which will be right below where my phone mount will be (bottom right of windscreen).

As I say, I'm not really sure the best way to go about it as that's a fair few fuses being tapped in to. How would you approach it?

And what size fuses do you use in the taps for all that?

In addition, I wonder whether using a twin 12v female setup would help?

Back