Hum in recording

fdnyfish

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have this hum in the recording of my Mobius. this happens if powered by internal battery or with USB power cord in car.

Firmware 2.18

Anyone with an idea how to fix it?

Last edited:
all i can hear in the engine and radio

Is it that noise that keeps stopping and starting? I don't think I've heard that on mine but to be honest I never really listen that closely as I review a lot of footage with the sound down when the daughter is passed out!

Last edited:
here is another example that starts at 12 seconds in. This is just running on battery power

I'm half wondering if it's related to the squeal that some Novatek cameras have like the A118 and G1W - maybe it's something shielded incorrectly or something.

To be honest there are that many Novatek based cameras that produce some strange sound artefacts that this might actually be considered normal. Probably not want you want to hear though but there's a chance that a replacement might have the same problem

I've got two here so I'll have a play shortly and see if they do it :)

Where did you get yours? Contact the seller and they may just swap it. Hopefully you bought it over at the NYC SpyTec store then it will be a simple swap.

Is it just the squeal that's normal in a lot of the Novatek cameras then?

Is it just the squeal that's normal in a lot of the Novatek cameras then?

Pretty much, the audio is onboard and there's a bit of crosstalk, depending on the mic and how much gain is needed as to how apparent it is, the sample above has a buzzing sound, that's not normal at all

The humming or what I call the squeaking/buzzing noise every second happens to me also. I noticed that it only occurs when it's powered by the USB cable and not when running on battery and it doesn't matter when the super capacitor or battery is used... as soon as I connect it to USB power then its zzzz....zzzz....zzzz....zzzz once every second in sync with the clock!

I think it may have something to do with the quality of current being supplied as when I connected the USB cable to a genuine Apple iPad wall charger the squeaking sound is present but quieter whereas when I connected it to a cheap generic Chinese phone charger, the squeaking is much louder. In my car, I connected it to a 12V to 5V adapter and the buzzing/squeaking is always on each and every recording.

I've mentioned about the problem before in one of my previous threads on this forum. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/2-1-firmware-sound-syncronisation-bug.7337/

I've had 3 replacements for my first camera and bought 2 extras and each one exhibits the same unwanted noise so unless we all have a faulty batch then I don't know. If anyone manage to find a solution, I would much appreciate it.

i've gotten similar results with poor memory cards, swapped out for a better one and audio was perfect

RippleTheRippler, can I ask what memory card you are using to eliminate the audio problem?

Back