I love this camera.

theTastyCat

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I upgraded to the GC several months ago from a GW1. The difference was surreal. Everything went smoothly until I added the CPL while still using the thin mount, which both gave me a 75% view of the hood and caused the camera to pull away from the adhesive pad and dangle. Lo and behold, among the many accessories included with the camera is a thick mount with adhesive on it - problem solved. BUT THEN MY STUPID SD CARD READER DIED......AGAIN. But then I noticed - what's this? In the original packaging...an SD reader that either plugs into USB or...microUSB!! So now I can instantly play back my videos anywhere that my phone is.

As anyone who has had any dealings with them can attest, there's no greater customer service on the planet. That sure never hurts.

Pier28 and everyone else, thank you guys for going above and beyond with a fantastic unit and fantastic service.

I completely agree with theTastyCat. I bought a GC from Nikolai last month (and CPL a few weeks later) and the whole package works very well. On paper it's no the cheapest dashcam but the unit just works, every time. I do a fair amount of motorway miles along the M62 every week and find having the GC quite reassuring. I've seen some proper nutcase driving.
I view the continuous software development and service back up as a bonus rather than a right.
My OCD has led me to reposition he camera recently, so I've used up my spare 3M adhesive pad, I need to source a few more, or get the dimensions so I can buy a sheet of the stuff as a backup.

Back