I returned my joovuux, but want to get another one.

remltr

Reaction score
Country
United States
You may have read my other rambling thread trying to get my first joovuux to function so I won't elaborate here on the issues. Other than to say that I although I received responses none lead to resolution. And I did not hear from joovuu after pm'ing him and posting on his forum.

So I want to ask a couple questions before I consider purchasing another one.

I know these are pretty much set it up and forget it, so you may not remember everything about your set up.

Did anyone when connecting to wifi for the first time not see the ssid joovuux? I saw something entirely different and took a shot at a name I had never seen before.

Did anyone have issues with formatting the sd card as instructed per the manual the first time. I was never able to get the card to format.

Doea anyone using an iphone see a format card function within the app? I was unable to locate one.

I did find the video very good, I just need to sort out a couple issues.

Thanks for any responses as it will help me determine if I will purchase another.

I also returned mine. Although I thought all the problems I had were iOS based it turned out the camera was defective. The video quality was good, not great, but good in my opinion. I was convinced that I needed ( or just wanted) a wifi camera so I could show the video to a cop at a scene, but after my experience with the Joovuu I can see that might be a hit or miss thing. Also I want to stick with a dedicated dashcam, not a camera that is trying to be both a dashcam and an action cam. I found out I'm also not a fan of cameras that hang down from mounts.

Reactions: Mtz
I also returned mine. Although I thought all the problems I had were iOS based it turned out the camera was defective. The video quality was good, not great, but good in my opinion. I was convinced that I needed ( or just wanted) a wifi camera so I could show the video to a cop at a scene, but after my experience with the Joovuu I can see that might be a hit or miss thing. Also I want to stick with a dedicated dashcam, not a camera that is trying to be both a dashcam and an action cam. I found out I'm also not a fan of cameras that hang down from mounts.

I actually like the camera. I really like sharp images and I think the camera delivers on that. I noticed the format function in the app after I returned it. Like an idiot I didn't read the pdf manual thoroughly.

My biggest concern was that it was a pre-owned device. That clue comes from the wifi name not being joovuu x as listed in the literature and online videos. That was the biggest reason I returned it. I will probably buy another, but I am waiting on Dan from JooVuu to gain access to wifi. Seems he is in China with spotty internet connection.

Last edited:
I actually like the camera. I really like sharp images and I think the camera delivers on that. I noticed the format function in the app after I returned it. Like an idiot I didn't read the pdf manual thoroughly.

My biggest concern was that it was a pre-owned device. That clue comes from the wifi name not being joovuu x as listed in the literature and online videos. That was the biggest reason I returned it. I will probably buy another, but I am waiting on Dan from JooVuu to gain access to wifi. Seems he is in China with spotty internet connection.
Was your Wi-Fi Name "amba-boss" by any chance?

Was your Wi-Fi Name "amba-boss" by any chance?

Yes it was, was expecting something joovuu related.

I did reorder the camera yesterday from Amazon. It cost $10.00 more this time than my original purchase. :D

that wasn't a sign that it was used, the amba-boss name was the default from an earlier firmware build

I understand that now. At the time I had it in my possession I had no indication of that. Nothing was documented as to that fact. The information that I had at the time was that I was looking for joovuu as the SSID name.

Got my 2ns unit in and now that I understand things better, it appears to be working fine in the house. I still need to hook it up in the car and test for gps and speed output. Will have to wait until after I get window tinting done this weekend.

One strange thing was it came up initially with the ambaboss ssid. After a couple minutes of messing with the settings it disconnected and when I reconnected it was showing joovuux ssid. I don't care as long as it works.

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ruben Isai JooVuu 0
Back