I'm stuck...

MrsYilmaz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!!

I've recently bought a 512 model, bought the hardwire kit from Nextbase as well. Watched a load of YouTube videos, attempted to hardwire the camera in but not getting anywhere with it :( there's no blue light on the hardwire kit.

I have a VW Touran, something I read made me wonder if by having Stop/Start technology on would interfere with the power supply? I'm in no way clued up on terminology of these things so I hope someone understands what I'm asking and what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum.

The newer cars and all the newfangled stuff in them can indeed make installing a dashcam harder.
I have no experience with this brand so sadly i dont think i can help with much, but others will probably chime in soon / in the morning.

Do these have 3 wire hardwire kit or just 2 wires ?
If it is 2 wires i assume you would want to hook it up to a fuse that are always live.
The 3 wire kits require both a always on wire + a ACC wire that only come on when you turn the key, the ACC wire are sort of the sensor so the camera know to go to parking guard mode or regular driving mode.

It could also be your ground wire, you will be amazed how many have used something that have a bad ground connection or none at all.
I think most cars have a common ground close to the fuse box.

The Nextbase HWK only has 2 wires. If you want parking mode the red wire goes to permanent live. If you don't need parking mode then the red wire goes to an IGN only source.

If you're not that knowledgeable then you need to get help as stop start is a dashcams worst enemy as a lot of circuits are temporarily killed off by the starter motor.

Thank you both for your replies, I will probably get it done professionally in that case as I don't want to break or damage anything haha!
My car doesn't have any diagram of which fuse is which and I don't have one of those live light screwdriver type thingys so I'd be guessing which is always live etc.
Cigarette lighter connection it is for the time being

Back