Image On Screen

Curlymike

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just updated the Firmware to the latest version from here: https://dashcamtalk.com/mini-0805/

Now when I turn it on I get this image on screen along with some beeps... I'm not sure what it's trying to tell me. Hope I haven't bricked it!

Kindest regards, Mike

Attachments

• Mini 805.jpg
    Mini 805.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 17
Hey curly, is the firmware you linked above the latest one for this cam?

I have never updated the firmware, should I? If yes, how would I go about it?

I'm no expert Bolo but I found it real easy but as usual I wouldn't recommend updating Firmware unless you're having issues.

The firmware is actually for another newer model but it says it's compatible for the 0805 - it was published in February 2017 so fairly recent. I was experiencing all sorts of issues with my Dash Cam so I has nothing to lose by trying it and I'm so happy to report that it's now running perfectly.

As for the installation I just followed the instructions which are found in the downloaded folder. For your convenience I've copied them here as follows:

Mini0805 and Mini0826 firmware upgrade process:

1. Copy 'firmware.BIN' file to the root folder of the Micro SD card (Format Micro SD Card First)

2. Insert the card into the camera, connect with power, choose YES, it will takes less than 1 minute to upgrade firmware

3. Camera will be turned off automatically after upgrade is successful

4. Remove the BIN file from the Micro SD card after upgrade finished

Kindest regards,
Mike

Back