Improving night-time quality - exposure?

knwatkins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I've now fixed the annoying audio issue with my K2S, I hope someone can help me in improving the image quality at night.

My settings are...
Quality: Ultimate
White Balance: Auto
Auto Exposure Metering: Center
Exposure Compensation: 0.0

The problem is, lighting from traffic lights, brake lights from other cars 'bleeds' into the picture too much. Please see a clip below:

Does anyone have any advice on what I can change in my settings to control this? Should I change the exposure compensation setting?

Good evening.

Lower the exposure of the front camera to about -1-3 or -2/3 and check.
(In my country this is called "color skipping" and "overexposure", and both are phenomena caused by gain over.)

In addition, when privacy film is stuck on the windshield, this phenomenon occurs because the camera must increase the gain under low light conditions.

I don't know about condensation on the lens, but I had a similar experience in the past when there was a difference in temperature between the car and the camera.

The same phenomenon has been experienced in that only glass CPL filters have been condensed due to the humidity of air.

Have a good dream and new year.

The problem is, lighting from traffic lights, brake lights from other cars 'bleeds' into the picture too much...
This looks to me like it could be caused by a film of dirt/oils/smoke/etc. on the inside of the windshield/windscreen. Try giving it a good cleaning to eliminate that as a possibility before playing with any camera settings. Also, make sure the camera and/or CPL lens is clean as well.

Back