In Line Fuse

ghazi

Reaction score
I would want to connect the power of the camera directly to the fuse box in the dash.

But surely i dont want to connect without inline fuse. Which inline fuse I need to connect. ? 5 am okay ?

I read somewhere 1amp but that is just too low. What comes within the lighter plug that cokes with the unit. ??

Last edited:
I would want to connect the power directly to the fuse box. Which inline fuse I need to connect. ? 5 am okay ?

First of all check your fuse box diagram and just to remind: NEVER CONNECT TO AIR-BAG FUSE !
Usually there are few fuse sockets that are not in use, but have a power, check then.
If you going to cut original cigarette lighter power cable and connect to 5Amps fuse, - there might be a problem if current goes higher. It is recommended to use 1-2Amp fuses ( same as inside cigarette lighter chargers ).

If you use other way, then 5Amps is OK:
Use tap-in connectors, - they will help you with connections, rather than DIY cable over existing fuse.
I am using with my Panorama II a battery discharge prevention device and recommend to other people to do so. You need ACC + Battery + ground.
Below is pictures of my fuse box set-up along with tap-in connectors + battery discharge prevention box.

F1.jpg

Back