Innovv C1 unboxing and first look.

TJ_Spytec

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm TJ, from Spy Tec and we are trying out something new. We are going to start making video reviews, unboxings and tutorials. Here is the first one:

This is very much a work in progress and we want your feedback. Comments, suggestions, ideas for videos you want to see, everything is welcome. We want this to be a resource for enthusiasts like you fine folks, not a sales pitch. If this takes off like we hope it will, we're going to try to bring you direct coverage from some of the big electronics shows in Asia, and some interviews with dash camera manufacturers. We're also gonna try to have a blast.

Thanks so much guys!

TJ

Good review pointing out the pros and cons.
That mount looks flimsy and that propriety USB connector makes me shudder - the first thing that kept me away from the 808#26.
This is an action cam for people on the go, why on earth would you need to carry a special cable with you when Mini and standard Micro USB cables are everywhere in our lives? If you're Apple you can get away with it (think lightning connector) apart from that no way.

Last edited:
TJ,

You have a lot of good information in the review and I like that. I do have a number of suggestions to improve your future reviews:

(1) Get a lapel microphone and attack it to your shirt, you may need a microphone extension cable to reach. Sorry, but on camera microphones suck, the sound is hollow and hard to understand. Putting a mike close to you would give you much better audio and good audio is critical for any video.

(2) Try to be more relaxed and avoid being over dramatic, it takes away from the presentation.

(3) Try not to move things around so quickly and hold the product still more often so people can get a better look at the product. If possible do a video insert of a close up shot of the product.

Thanks, I look forward to future reviews.

Bob Diaz

I agree with what Bob has already said, just to add to that, would be good to get away from the term unboxing, has lame overtones already when you read that, I think people do enjoy a product reveal, or a product demonstration though, something that's a bit more hands on, I feel that's some of the appeal of the @Techmoan videos is that they're not overly geeky but give a good idea of what to expect from a product, part of the the retail shopping experience is that hands on side of it, the nice presentation etc that leads people to decide to buy, a lot of the decision to purchase a product is emotional, what your feeling is about the product, you can pick something up generally get a feel for how well made it is, obviously this experience is missing from an online purchase so anything you can do to improve that aspect is a good thing

I'm sure @RockThinking will be pleased you picked his product to review

Anyway I don't want to sound negative, it's a good initiative and would like to see more of it happening so good work from the team @spytec for deciding to give it a go

Nice review, thanks. I don't find it slippery, but maybe an "interesting touch".

enjoy,
Mtz

Nice work TJ, good to see more video and hands on reviews. The only thing I would like to see more of, is more video examples filmed using the camera.

BTW TJ was the first one to show me the Innovv when I was there to buy the Mobius. I will agree the metal finish was slick and therefore slippery, and I agree the mount wouldn't hold much. Overall though it was quite a good looking camera. @BobDiaz , TJ told me he uses the Mobius to film his videos, so maybe that accounts for the sound.

@RockThinking what happens to the many people who ordered the original before the lens change? Will there be an exchange allowed since it happened so fast?

Last edited:
Sorry, I cannot answer to this because I am not working for Innovv, even people see here I am offering some informations about this, I am just a forum member. I like to help and dashcams. You can see I wrote about many cameras and many subjects. Just few of them are about Innovv. I like to support cameras and gadgests which have firmware upgrades as you can see on my YouTube channel.

enjoy,
Mtz

Sorry, I cannot answer to this because I am not working for Innovv, even people see here I am offering some informations about this, I am just a forum member. I like to help and dashcams. You can see I wrote about many cameras and many subjects. Just few of them are about Innovv. I like to support cameras and gadgests which have firmware upgrades as you can see on my YouTube channel.

enjoy,
Mtz
Sorry @Mtz my confusion :confused: I will edit my question and Thanks for your all your insight, you have helped me in the past

Stay cool, man, no problem! Can be an honor to work for Innovv.

enjoy,
Mtz

I think we are going to have to purchase some professional equipment for TJ to use. The store model Mobius we allowed him to use doesn't seem to be cutting it here!

Thanks for the comments folks, it really helps us tweak this thing to get it just right. Trust us we are going to be dialing up the production quality quite a bit from here on out.

If anyone has any devices they want see on the channel let us know, we'll get it done.

Thanks again,

TJ

I think we are going to have to purchase some professional equipment for TJ to use. The store model Mobius we allowed him to use doesn't seem to be cutting it here!

What I always liked was the review recorded on the device being reviewed. This way we have time to see the quality first hand as well as any clips of it being used as a car cam or action cam. Sure the sound can also be recorded using a clearer mic.

A average to good DSLr camera and a rode micofone and you should be set to go.
http://www.rodemic.com/mics/videomic

Offcourse the rode could allso be used with a convensional video recorder that have a mic / in plug.

The prize for the mic is around 150 dollars if my memory serve me right.

Innovv C1 HD 1080 mini DV Action camera review - how to use it, the GUI's plus test clips
From bobflyman in Youytube:

Merry Christmas
Suso

Back