Installation trouble with stickers

metroplexchl

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I followed the directions and put the electrostatic sticker on after removing the 1 side film, then removed 2 film, then wiped with promoter, then put the camera up. I pressed it for a few seconds and it fell off. But the electrostatic windshield film stayed permanently bond to the camera base. SO I grabbed the other base and tried again......same thing happened. Now I have to figure out how to get two more bases.

Should I just stick the camera base directly to the windshield when I get another camera base? The electrostatic film appears to be the issue.

I forgot to mention where I installed it which may be the problem, but I tried to install it behind the rear view mirror way up high on those little dots at the top middle of the windshield.

Electrostatic stickers are not good on top of dots, they work the same way as a suction cup, and the dots let the air get under them. You may still be able to stick your existing stickers to a bit of plane glass, or you may be able to peal the electrostatic sticker off the sticky pad, and then stick the sticky pad to the dots. unsticking the sticky pad will be easier with a bit of heat.

If you get a new sticky pad then I suggest sticking it straight to the clean glass, on top of the dots if you want. Standard 3M high strength sticky pads can be used, widely available.

Back