Interior dashcam only?

paldo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've already front and rear dashcam. Since I drive Uber. Is there any interior dashcam only to keep an eye on the passenger? Or A channel dashcam is the only way to go?

How about our B2W dash cam? It is a nice camera for Uber drivers!

There are no interior dedicated cameras i am aware off, some you can use for that but with the downfall they are regular cameras so no IR aid for when you drive at night.
Okay if you drive in a place with high ambient light at night not that much of a problem, and it dont have to be up and down the strip in Las Vegas, but light are needed to see things.

Last camera i used was the B1W which i stuck to the mirror stalk in my car, giving a nice overview of the interior, but that model dont have the most light sensitive sensor.

img_20180414_143857-jpg.37475

But if you can find a little camera based on the best low light sensors like IMX 291, at least when people get into the car and the cabin light are on you should get a face capture, maybe if you can extend the period the cabin light are on, maybe toggle it manual ?

I tested the B2W,worked like a charm, just not a favorite shape for a camera.

I captured a crash on the B2W.

For the months i tested the B2W i had the mirror in my car removed, thats why the footage are from so high up on my windscreen, had the mirror been there that would be most of what the cabin camera saw.
But if you can make it work for you, and as a Uber drive you probably want a camera to be seen to discourage stupidity
The 2 in one cameras dont work so well in my car, at least not with the stealth i would want, but as a tester i have many cameras in my car so stealth are out of the window, and then the 2 in 1 cameras are somewhat possible.
My last camera is the noie yet released viofo T130 which is a 2 in 1 + 1 three channel system, it is offset much to the driver side of things and so not at all stealthy, if i was just a regular user i would never have a camera there.
but as it is the interior camera also give good cabin coverage, but it would never have worked in front of my mirror in the top middle sweet spot for dashcams.

Back