IQ w/ CPL question

azchrisf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I seem to notice that when I apply the CPL, a tiny bit of detail (very small, but noticeable) is lost in the video compared to it off.

Is this normal?

There is also a spot of glue at the top of the lens, could this be interferring with anything?

you're adding four layers of glass in front of the lens, that will have a bit of an impact, the effect is quite normal

Since half the light is filtered out (the horizontal half), there should be twice the motion blur.

OK Thanks guys.
Jokiin - in the future, you should offer a premium model with the CPL integrated into the lens itself to reduce this issue.

OK Thanks guys.
Jokiin - in the future, you should offer a premium model with the CPL integrated into the lens itself to reduce this issue.

we are looking at some other options, a CPL will still have that effect regardless though

I have a cpl lens filter on my SG9665C and there is a spot of glue as mentioned on a previous post can somebody tell me does the glue spot go on the top or the bottom as there are no clear markings on the filter

I have a cpl lens filter on my SG9665C and there is a spot of glue as mentioned on a previous post can somebody tell me does the glue spot go on the top or the bottom as there are no clear markings on the filter

the large opening is at the top, that said though it works in either direction

jokiin -
One last suggestion:
Integrate G-Sensor data while driving into the Video's data stream like speed.
Why? Sometimes it can show a lead-foot (US term for someone who likes to be heavy on the gas pedal) that they need to let up a little...also if they are turning too hard, etc.

Back