moonsle

Reaction score
Country
China
i find a car dvr is it really good?
adc011_5.jpg

USD $25.90
anyone can give me any advice

IF it costs $25 thats probably what its worth.

Seeing as most of the HD cameras that posters on here use cost in excess of $200 I will let you work out if its any good.

If you just want less than optimum pictures NO GPs etc it may be Ok

I stop to wonder how it is even possible to sell camera at that price, components alone must cost something.

Sabe said:
I stop to wonder how it is even possible to sell camera at that price, components alone must cost something.

the entry point for rubbish cameras is USD $10 at the moment, I don't know that a $25 model is much better though

Is there a review for the $10 camera and some sample vids? I'm just curioius.

cantremember said:

I don't know anyone silly enough to purchase one ;)

DVR207 is perhaps the lowest spec I'd ever suggest spending money on, anything less is a major compromise

A year or so ago I read a few people saying they'd got these & they weren't bad for the money so thought it might be worth a punt - only £15 (sub $20 ?) including shipping - so you know it's going to be good quality :lol:

I really wanted to try it out on my bus at work.
First couple of days went well, recording all day - 8hrs - without problem. And I have to say that the video quality was rather good, the audio was a touch ropey but a bit of tape over the mic helped.
Day 3 was doing well until I heard a high pitched 'squealing' noise - and then the burning smell :shock:
Quickly unplugged it & discovered the camera was very hot.

I mentioned this to others who had bought the cam, they all said they had no problems whatsoever, but their cams had cost around £25 (sub $30 ?) - maybe I had bought one of the many copied versions?

Had it carried on working properly, I would have said it was a real bargain. The only good thing was the mount used the standard tripod thread & it actually does a great job at gripping the windscreen (I tend to stick it to the black speckled sunshade bit in the top centre of the screen), far better than many mounts I've used.

You can find a lot of videos with these dashcams in the russian videos about their accidents.
You will recognize because of bad quality video, SD, 4:3 and some big green or orange numbers on the video image.
So is very easy: when you will see a very bad quality SD video then is made with these $15-$40 cameras.
I bet you can find the same camera for $17.

I can explain these very low prices only because the stores realized that the buyers are more smart and is possible to never sell their cameras.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hillbilly said:
IF it costs $25 thats probably what its worth.

Seeing as most of the HD cameras that posters on here use cost in excess of $200 I will let you work out if its any good.

If you just want less than optimum pictures NO GPs etc it may be Ok
Product Name

Car DVR
Type SC189
Screen Size 2.5 inch
Pixel 3MP
Shooting Angle 120°
Function Night Vision, HD output, video playback and photo preview, autostart
Voltage DC5V
Port USB2.0
Size 10cm*6.3cm*2.3cm
Accessories SD Card(need extra money)

moonsle said:
jokiin said:
cantremember said:

I don't know anyone silly enough to purchase one ;)

DVR207 is perhaps the lowest spec I'd ever suggest spending money on, anything less is a major compromise
http://www.coolicool.com/2-5-inch-6-lig ... 23649.html

its the url ,u can see it and give me some advice

thanks

If you want the lowest price with quality to match buy it If you want a decent camera Dig a bit deeper in your pocket and buy something worthwhile.

Basically in comparison to a good $200 camera with true HD and GPS etc this, to put it plainly is crap

moonsle said:
Product Name
Car DVR
Type SC189

If you are lucky it can even Power On. Look here.

moonsle, I don't know how much you read our forum but usually people are coming here to find cameras with better quality than they can find using some search on online stores like ebay and aliexpress. So they don't want to buy a camera which is recording poor even in its name they find things like "New arrival", "2010", "180 degrees" "Night (fake) vision" and is very cheap.
On forums people are expecting to watch real SAMPLES. Who want to buy cheap and bad cameras are not using forums. So when you are posting some link about a new camera come here with links for samples.
This CS189 can be good for our users only if is better that DVR027.
Example 1. Can people see the car number plates?

Sorry, but I don't believe in SC189. Maybe for people which want $23 camera is a good option if reading the feedback of the people without experience in Car DVR.

enjoy,
Mtz

really thanks for ur advice,maybe the more i paid the better product i get is right

Mtz said:
moonsle said:
Product Name
Car DVR
Type SC189

If you are lucky it can even Power On. Look here.

moonsle, I don't know how much you read our forum but usually people are coming here to find cameras with better quality than they can find using some search on online stores like ebay and aliexpress. So they don't want to buy a camera which is recording poor even in its name they find things like "New arrival", "2010", "180 degrees" "Night (fake) vision" and is very cheap.
On forums people are expecting to watch real SAMPLES. Who want to buy cheap and bad cameras are not using forums. So when you are posting some link about a new camera come here with links for samples.
This CS189 can be good for our users only if is better that DVR027.
Example 1. Can people see the car number plates?

Sorry, but I don't believe in SC189. Maybe for people which want $23 camera is a good option if reading the feedback of the people without experience in Car DVR.

enjoy,
Mtz
really thanks for ur advice

Back