Is it possible to rollback firmware? Updated to latest firmware and dashcam now shuts off after a few minutes in parking mode.

AzNightmare

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I've been having trouble with parking mode after I upgraded the firmware to V1.3_240612 (front) and V1.3_240605 (rear). I was using the default firmware that came with the camera when it was brand new. V1.0_xxxxxx, the parking mode was working fine before.

I've resetted the dashcam after I upgraded the firmware and went through all the settings to redo what I have my settings at. A new feature I noticed is the Parking Mode Timer setting with the firmware update. I initially had it at OFF, which I assumed is unlimited time. But regardless, I tested the setting on OFF. I've also tested at 24 hour. The dashcam goes into Parking mode as I shut off the car completely, which is normal. But then the dashcam shuts down in a few minutes. I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the settings somwhere.

Also on another note: Is it possible to turn off the recording to go into the menu settings in Parking Mode? It seems like once it's in Parking mode, the REC button is locked and I can't stop the recording until I push my car's power to go into ACC position so that the dashcam gets out of parking mode. Is this normal?

I forgot to mention my car was hooked up to a battery charger the whole day. So not a low car battery issue.

I've resetted the dashcam after I upgraded the firmware and went through all the settings to redo what I have my settings at. A new feature I noticed is the Parking Mode Timer setting with the firmware update. I initially had it at OFF, which I assumed is unlimited time. But regardless, I tested the setting on OFF. I've also tested at 24 hour. The dashcam goes into Parking mode as I shut off the car completely, which is normal. But then the dashcam shuts down in a few minutes. I'm not sure if I'm missing something in the settings somwhere.
Check the voltage cutoff on НK4. Perhaps there is not enough voltage and the cutoff needs to be moved lower.
Also on another note: Is it possible to turn off the recording to go into the menu settings in Parking Mode? It seems like once it's in Parking mode, the REC button is locked and I can't stop the recording until I push my car's power to go into ACC position so that the dashcam gets out of parking mode. Is this normal?
Try to enter the A229 Plus menu via the app. Then you won't have to turn off the recording.

Strange, the parking mode works fine if the car battery charger isn't being charged.
Once I took the charger off the battery, it works fine. I guess that's good enough for me.

Strange, the parking mode works fine if the car battery charger isn't being charged.
Once I took the charger off the battery, it works fine. I guess that's good enough for me.
It may work now because the voltage from the battery charger may have increased the voltage high enough to make it think it is connected to 24v.

Depending on the kits internal configuration a voltage of ~14v may be enough for the kit to think it is 24v circuit.

Back