Is the Nextbase 622gw any good

Skylar132

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 PRO 2CH
I love the look of the 622gw moreso than any other cam and i like the fact it has 4k, should I get it

Have a look at the posts/reviews in the Nextbase 622 forum here.

I love the look of the 622gw moreso than any other cam and i like the fact it has 4k, should I get it
I had this dashcam for about 4 weeks and returned it and replaced it with a Viofo A129 Pro.

There 622 was unable to capture UK number plates at 25mph+.

The Viofo is capable at over 70mph. There was a definite reduction in picture quality comparing the wife's 612 to my 622. The parking mode was virtually none existent as far as I could see because the battery was virtually always on empty.

The Viofo is also a lot less conspicuous on the windscreen than the Nextbase.

Each to their own but I'll never buy another Nextbase product again.

At one point Nextbase had the lion share of the market. Sadly though they went off-piste and added so many unneeded features that problems started. The series 2 has generated many posts here and I hope they are looking very closely at a revolutionary series 3.

In my case all I want is a simple good quality, discrete, simple dashcam that can be easily removed and replaced.

The 380 was a design masterpiece IMO but sadly it had a low resolution and no facility for a CPL.

I concur on the additional features.

For me, with a new, feature packed car, none of them added any value.

It was all about picture quality for me, and it couldn't deliver.

I had this dashcam for about 4 weeks and returned it and replaced it with a Viofo A129 Pro.

There 622 was unable to capture UK number plates at 25mph+.

The Viofo is capable at over 70mph. There was a definite reduction in picture quality comparing the wife's 612 to my 622. The parking mode was virtually none existent as far as I could see because the battery was virtually always on empty.

The Viofo is also a lot less conspicuous on the windscreen than the Nextbase.

Each to their own but I'll never buy another Nextbase product again.
Just an update, bought an a129 pro and ive fell in love with it, everything i need in a dash cam

Back