Is there a downside of adding the cabin camera ?

152bobby

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 2CH 622GW/Nextbase 422GW/Thinkware F200 2 CH Pro
I have the 622GW with rear window camera. I am thinking of adding the clip in inside camera.

Can someone explain the pros and cons if I do this ?

Thanks

Cons:
If you use parking mode with a powerbank, it will give you less time as it uses more power.
You will get less hours stored on your SD card.

Pros:
If someone accuses you of using your phone while driving like crazy UK goes on a witch hunt about, you can prove you weren't.
If you have it pointing at driver from the inside, you cover the right side window which might help in a crash and also if someone comes to your window to punch you.

I didn't make myself clear on my question , What I wanted to do is have my 622GW front camera and the rear window camera (looking out) AND also add the inside cabin view camera, so three in total. I guess this can't be done.

So I have used the Cabin View Camera that I have just bought in my works vehicle, so not wasted at all.

This may help:

I’ve slowly warmed to the idea of having a cabin cam to record funny things my kids say or for extra video coverage when my car is parked. I still feel more self conscious with a camera in my face the whole time though.

With the 622GW, the cabin cam uses the side HDMI port. Doesn’t the rear window cam use a different port? If so, you could use all three together.

Ah, you're right. It's because I'm using just the non powered windscreen mount. So both ports on my 622gw are being used by the rear window camera and the power one is being powered by the Nextbase OBD power source. Just compared the windscreen mount in both my cars and one has a power input and the other doesn't !!

I'll just get a windscreen mount which has a power input and I should be ok !!

In fact, I think they are the same, it's just that were I have mount the one in my car, close to the base of the rear view mirror mount, I can't see the power port. So a new sticky pad is required to relocate the Nextbase windscreen GPS mount.

Back