Is there a way to use the möbius as a security camera with out power supply?

Mia Melody

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've finally figured out a way to set up my möbius as a security camera, with motion sensor set to high sensitivity, 30secs, etc but I only got it to work plugged directly to a USB battery with a cable, when I start it alone on it's own battery it automatically shuts off.

Please advise if there is a work around set up.

Cheers

You do realize the internal battery is fairly small, and only good for 60-80 minutes if not connected to power?
If you are running the mobius under motion detection mode, it uses almost the same power as it does in normal video operation.
You're going to need an external power source for more than an hour or so of coverage.

You do realize the internal battery is fairly small, and only good for 60-80 minutes if not connected to power?
If you are running the mobius under motion detection mode, it uses almost the same power as it does in normal video operation.
You're going to need an external power source for more than an hour or so of coverage.
I was hoping the camera had a temp standby mode to lower power consumption,

I have a Philips iSight camera that is powered all the time,, connected to my wifi server it can record with motion detection and via wifi it can stream video with sound when motion is detected, like a dvr it sends all this to a cloud drive like Dropbox while letting me also stream live video or see the clips on my iphone anywhere in the world, it and it pre record 4 seconds of video before the actual motion takes place,

I got this Philips iSight camera because it was only 100€ as to the 175€ To 250€ dash cams that recorded with the same features off a battery on lower power consumption during standby, the dash cams I am talking about are able to turn on from low standby power mode only of motion detection kicks in reserving the battery for up to 6 + hours., that's enough time for me to record anything strange in my office if I have to take the kids to school or head to lunch., I found several dash cams able to do this on YouTube! it's normally possible via hard powered using a PC or dvr and a camera.

I guess I should be after a spy camera with a transmitter or some sort of discreet battery, I have a dozen USB batteries that can last 7 hours here with the möbius powered up my fav are the ikea batteries. But while small stil not discreet enough to conceal the camera incase anyone broke in and noticed it which would give them a chance to destroy the evidence or take the camera itself.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, most dash cams draw close to normal power in standby or motion detection modes. There may be some that don't or draw less?

Motion detection on a mobius isn't great, anyway.

From what I've seen, most dash cams draw close to normal power in standby or motion detection modes. There may be some that don't or draw less?

Motion detection on a mobius isn't great, anyway.
It seems to work for now

I'm looking into other options, there are cameras out there which are the same for iPhones etc which have profound quality compared to the junk serveilqnce shops are charging hundreds for.

Back