Is there going to be a new mobius model .....

nomen nescio

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
mini 0806
.... in the near future?

it seems that the mobius is all I need and I'm very interested in this action/dash cam. I believe the mobius is already more than a year old.So I was wondering, before I purchase this camera, is there any news of a new model?

The look hasn't changed but it has constantly been revised and improved, the most recent update is only about a month old now so I doubt they're in any hurry to do a new one

Working fine as is so I don't really see the need

In a recent thread, @Isoprop mentioned that a next generation Mobius is indeed in development. Since the developer tends to take a lot of time carefully crafting his product rather spit things out to the marketplace for a quick buck it seems unlikely that a new Mobius model will be introduced anytime soon. Still, it is good to know that such a product is on its way.

In a recent thread, @Isoprop mentioned that a next generation Mobius is indeed in development. Since the developer tends to take a lot of time carefully crafting his product rather spit things out to the marketplace for a quick buck it seems unlikely that a new Mobius model will be introduced anytime soon. Still, it is good to know that such a product is on its way.
You most likely mis-interperated my post. I'm sure the developer is looking at possible alternatives, but I know he's not in any hurry whatsoever.
I have no doubt there will be a new model someday, but I have no idea when that will be. Since we are unaware of any specifications, let alone a prototype, I'm sure it won't be for a long time.
There are a lot of chips on the market that need to be carefully evaluated before development can even start - and this takes a long time if done properly.
You are absolutely right about the developer not wanting to make a quick buck by bringing out an immature product just for the sake of being 'first'. That certainly won't happen. It's essential the hardware is reliable and capable of what it's supposed to do.

You most likely mis-interperated my post. I'm sure the developer is looking at possible alternatives, but I know he's not in any hurry whatsoever.
I have no doubt there will be a new model someday, but I have no idea when that will be. Since we are unaware of any specifications, let alone a prototype, I'm sure it won't be for a long time.
There are a lot of chips on the market that need to be carefully evaluated before development can even start - and this takes a long time if done properly.
You are absolutely right about the developer not wanting to make a quick buck by bringing out an immature product just for the sake of being 'first'. That certainly won't happen. It's essential the hardware is reliable and capable of what it's supposed to do.

I see. Obviously, I did misinterpret what you said. That would explain why I couldn't find the particular post I mentioned from you when I looked for it. My apologies for the misinformation. Perhaps it was a matter of wishful thinking? :)

Good news. This means that I can get a mobius very soon without having to worry that I'm getting an older model or not.

Too bad that the less know brands are not having resellers in Europe. I'd consider other dash cams as well. See my list in the OP in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too was wondering if there were some more Mobius updates coming after reading this last week.

Möbius I have done my research and this is the unit I have choosen. Please read up on this little jewel. I understand some improvements may be ready this month or next.

I was worried about buying a Mobius in case a new model was released shortly afterwards. I have a history of that. Anyhow I recently bought one and received the latest version with the wide light pipe for the top LED (released a short time ago), so I presume a whole new Mobius camera won't be released for 12 months or so, but that's just my guess.

Back