Is this a good deal?

jab1200c

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I am buying a new vehicle and the dealer is offering this front & rear dash cam for AUD1500 installed: http://antitheftcaralarms.com.au/DVFBB.html

Doing a bit of research, it looks like there are equivalent or better models on the market at better prices. Does the dealer option look reasonable, or should I look at something else? If so, what would people recommend? I'm based in Australia.

Welcome to the forum jab.

This is a new system to me, seem to be Korean, and have some smarts to it, which is very Korean and getting more and more popular.
It dont look half bad but i was not able to see ehat sensors are used or what bitrates the camera use, some Korean brands do use a bit too low bitrates i feel

1500 AUD do seem a lot, you can get a Australian Street guardian SG9663DR that are pretty much the same kind of system with 2 remote cameras and a main unit you can hide out of the sun, but not as many smart features, with that brand you will be much safer in regard to customer care and service / warranty ( 2 years if you register your product online )
The SG camera do not have 2 card slots but it do also support 256GB card,,,,,, which you should get or at the least 128 GB

Welcome to the forum jab.

This is a new system to me, seem to be Korean, and have some smarts to it, which is very Korean and getting more and more popular.
It dont look half bad but i was not able to see ehat sensors are used or what bitrates the camera use, some Korean brands do use a bit too low bitrates i feel

1500 AUD do seem a lot, you can get a Australian Street guardian SG9663DR that are pretty much the same kind of system with 2 remote cameras and a main unit you can hide out of the sun, but not as many smart features, with that brand you will be much safer in regard to customer care and service / warranty ( 2 years if you register your product online )
The SG camera do not have 2 card slots but it do also support 256GB card,,,,,, which you should get or at the least 128 GB
Thanks for the feedback kamkar. You're right, the bitrate doesn't seem to be listed anywhere and the only information on the sensor is "FULL HD 1/2.7" CMOS". As the dealer would be installing I would expect that they should back up the support, but I'm still not convinced what they are offering is great value for money!

No 1500 AUD is a hell of a lot of money the SG9663DR system are under half that price, and SG are pretty much the undisputed champions of support, or that is they was, sadly the company founder left us earlier in the year.
But the company are rolling on and i assume they will be keeping the high standard.
If you have no plans to do parking mode, and would like a bit more SG have just launched their first 1440p system ( 1080p in the rear )
If that sound interesting have a look at the SG9667DC2K https://streetguardian.info/sg9667dc2k/

PS: I am affiliated with SG in the sense they have sent me a lot of cameras to beat on since the company started, but i am not doing reviews or anything like that, i guess they have valued my feedback, and the off brand support i have also rendered in here over the years.
Even if the company founder was pretty much a fixed inventory in here, one day i will have him beaten in the members area, but it will take a few years of work to reach Ricks level just in posts in here.

Last edited:
BTW i will soon be getting a kick starter system with 4K both front and rear, but it is kind of a hybrid system with memory cards in both cameras, but it will be several months before i get it, and probably summer before i have formed a opinion on the system.
I am a little apprehensive ATM as it is just their 2 system, and it is smart even have 4G and radar so i will also need a new SIM card to fully test it.
I guess it is about time for this old dog to learn some new tricks :)

Back