Is this legit DVR 027?

watchingyou

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just received my DVR 027 from estore009 on ebay. It looks like a legit camera, chip etc - yes I did open her up but wow, the video is pretty crappy compared to my iphone and even my Kodak Playful camera. Perhaps I'm not used to cheapy 720p but I guess it's ok and will make an ok rear camera someday. I've been using a gopro Hero 2 and compared to that the video is horrible but that's a more expensive camera. Here is the video:

720p - really?
Very bad contrast, look how dark some of the scenes are?
Why does it have to loose seconds between clips - I am using a Panasonic $$$$ SD card, class 10 and I'm still loosing

Ok, don't mean this to be a bitch fest, love the site, thanks admin for your time and effort and if I can find a place where I can get a real 1080p camera for $150 then I'll be getting another dash cam. I am probably use to pixel peeping with my hacked GH2!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think the performance is reasonable, I've seen a lot worse from some cameras, contrast maybe not as good as some

Hi watchingyou,

That is a legit DVR 027 and the video quality is on par with them. The details are actually quite good in the video. I think if you did a direct comparison with the Iphone, Kodak and GoPro (recording at the same time), the video quality would probably be only slightly better.

The gap between files is a known problem. Perhaps it is a hardware limitation since they have had ample time to fix via firmware.

Is it possible to remove the stamp date's from these DVR 027 cams? I'm thinking about getting one, not sure yet.

@jokiin, saw a post of a screen shot on another thread, what model dashcam do you use?

watchingyou said:
Just received my DVR 027 from estore009 on ebay. It looks like a legit camera, chip etc - yes I did open her up but wow, the video is pretty crappy compared to my iphone and even my Kodak Playful camera. Perhaps I'm not used to cheapy 720p but I guess it's ok and will make an ok rear camera someday. I've been using a gopro Hero 2 and compared to that the video is horrible but that's a more expensive camera. Here is the video:
Also you paid around $60? Cheapest I found from that store was $92.06 AU http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HD720p-IR-Ca ... 0455460442

Do you have a link from one you purchased?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Chinese New Year so many of the eBay vendors are closed. You will need to wait until after Feb 18th and they will be available for $60 again.

Back